Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
USA Facilities & Engineering Manager - Dairy
- Location FORT WAYNE, IN
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1108864
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Assists in the planning and control of plant budgets by ensuring appropriate equipment and parts availability; helping control raw material inventory; assisting in the efficient storage of produced goods; and using available financial data to proactively identify cost-effectiveness opportunities.
Coordinates, plans, and monitors the work of maintenance and production staff by monitoring associate productivity and work plans; identifying root causes of problems and assigning work accordingly; inspecting and assuring quality of all related work; managing maintenance processes and equipment; and providing technical support where necessary.
Leads the planning and development of capital projects by creating project plans; managing project budgets; creating appropriate project timelines; tracking deliverables and monitoring progress; providing direction and support to project teams; reporting project status and progress to key stakeholders; implementing changes to achieve intended project outcomes; and evaluating project results to determine overall success.
Provides consultation and leadership in the administration and interpretation of production, quality assurance, environmental, safety, and maintenance policies and procedures.
Collaborates with plant management and staff to monitor and improve plant safety, production quality, equipment reliability, and overall operational effectiveness by using continuous improvement techniques as appropriate; designing and monitoring plant operating structure; ensuring plant mechanical and electrical operations remain current with industry regulations and codes; driving operational compliance to company policies and procedures; and promoting a safe and environmentally sound workplace.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering and 4 years’ experience in an engineering, technical or related field OR 8 years' of engineering related experience.
4 year's project management experience within manufacturing, food processing, or packaging.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.3A Sanitary Standards, Designing clean in place (CIP) systems, Design of systems meeting FDA dairy standards and PMO (pasteurized milk ordinance), Food processing and packaging, Process design (for example, sizing and selecting valves, pumps, pipe diameter, or heat exchangers for food processing systems)., Project Management
Primary Location...2150 W PLEASANT CENTER ROAD, FORT WAYNE, IN 46819-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth