Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Data Analytics - People Services
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1100869
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About the Team:
As a part of Service Innovation within EBS People Services, you’ll play a leading role in transforming how we empower and support associates all along their experiences with People products and processes. Through our wide range of capabilities, including service management, governance, program management, continuous improvement, data & analytics and intelligent automation, we enable People Services to deliver tangible value to the business through a combination of elevated experiences, more effective outcomes, superior operating efficiency and novel business insights.
About the Role:
The Director, Data Analytics is the leader of our Analytics team, which applies a range of technologies to provide governed data, business metrics and novel insights to our customers and stakeholders. The team is made up of business analysts, frontend developers (primarily Power BI), data engineers, modelers and data scientists, and is located across several US and India hubs. The primary organizational context for this role is People Services operations and the thousands of experiences it creates for Walmart associates every day. Using a combination of enterprise data (chiefly from Workday and ServiceNow) and emerging data sources, the Director, Data Analytics unlocks insights about our customer experience and our own effectiveness as a scaled service business within Walmart.
This role is based in Bentonville, Arkansas. We offer a comprehensive relocation package.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You're technically sound, results driven with a strong operational background and impressive analytical ability
- You possess a combination of strong technical, people and operational skills
- You've designed and built a full-spectrum analytics capability in a $100M+ enterprise
- You've led teams in building analytics architectures that are reliable, performant and cost-effective
- You have experience delivering analytics products in a full Agile setting and a working knowledge of how Agile principles and ceremonies can be applied in an analytics setting
- You bring expert-level technical skills in one or more analytics domains (data engineering, data science, data stewardship, visualization & insights, etc.)
- You can manage technical and non-technical stakeholders along a change journey and take pride in ability to inspire and influence others
- You contribute a problem-solving mindset to partnerships with multiple teams in a large organization
- You thrive in a fast paced, growing environment with heavy doses of ambiguity
- You’re undaunted by challenges and are ready to make a difference at the scale of Walmart
You’ll make an impact by…
- Fostering an operating model where data is routinely turned into insights, and those insights are reliable and valuable enough to be perceived as a product by the business and managed accordingly
- Quantifying opportunities and measuring the quality, performance, and business impact of our solutions, using data to inform prioritization and strategy
- Working to improve team ways of working through a combination of "everyday transformation" and larger changes to organizational design, talent development and partnerships within Walmart and beyond
- Identifying opportunities to do more by reusing existing components and deriving maximum value from established technologies through incremental, tactical innovations
- Partnering effectively with multiple and diverse stakeholders, including People Services operations teams, People Product, Data Platforms, People Data Strategy, UX and other Engineering teams.
- Inspiring and energizing your team to achieve our vision by expanding the scale and impact of our analytics capability while identifying opportunities to extend into advanced, AI-based analytics
- Applying principles of data governance, audit controls, and data/metric standards
- Developing, deploying and nurturing tabular data models as a basis for future analytics
- Adapting quickly to new challenges, dynamic business relationships and evolving strategy context
Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Dataiku, Power BI/Tableau)
Cloud data (Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Azure SQL, DataBricks)
Data catalogs and governance tools (Collibra, Alation, etc.)
Data privacy & data governance concepts
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 5 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 3 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 3: 7 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. 2 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau), Supervisory experience
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth