Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager I, Merchandising Planning - Sam's Club
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1096286
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Join Walmart | Sam’s Club as a Senior Manager I, Merchandise Planning – Sam’s Club and your work could help over 295 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
The Senior Planner – Sam’s Club leads team members in the planning and execution of the category team's financial plan by ensuring consistency in planning processes; applying best practices across category teams; preparing aggregate category team budgets; prioritizing projects and making tradeoffs in projects across subcategories to meet overall budget commitments; and providing guidance for making store-specific distributions.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Being the CFO of your category by preparing financial analyses and reports to understand and explain business trends and performance.
- Developing strong relationships with Merchandising and Allocation teams to build trust and influence decisions.
- Developing monthly forecasts of all financial metrics inclusive of item level planning, annual operating plans, and financial line reviews with full item life cycle forecasting.
- Running financial modeling to help merchandising partners make good decisions by providing input for business decisions by producing complex financial models that incorporate assumptions, expectations, and known risks
- Supporting business cases and projects in support of the Merchandising team
- Have strong executive presence with the ability to partner and challenge simultaneously
You will sweep us off our feet if…
- You have demonstrated success with process improvement to identify and implement solutions while leveraging cross-functional teams
- You have proven ability to manage work portfolio autonomously
- You have the expertise to drive automation while ensuring quality
- You possess natural curiosity to learn beyond the minimum requirements to perform role
- 5+ years of experience supporting large category teams, including leading planning
- 3+ years of experience executing financial plans
- 3+ years’ experience in Analytics, Planning, Business Management, Omni-Channel Merchandising, or a related area
- 3+ years of experience working on large complex retail category | planning teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Detail and results-oriented with sense of urgency
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or related field and 3 years’ experience in retail, merchandising, forecasting, or related area OR 5 years’
experience in retail, merchandising, forecasting, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Merchandise Planning Tools - Retail Link, Negotiating terms and costing, Profit and Loss (P&L) Responsibility, Supervisory experienceMasters: Marketing
Primary Location...2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"The people you work with are ready to help without hesitation to make sure you succeed, it’s just part of the culture."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth