Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Auditor, US Audit, Internal Audit - Finance
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1093712
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Global Audit - as a trusted and valued business partner – is committed to protecting the company, while remaining independent and objective in our approach and frame of mind. Working collaboratively, our professionals identify, anticipate, and prioritize risks, determine whether those risks are adequately mitigated, and act as remediation stewards ensuring that the solutions, we recommend address root causes sustainably. We also build and develop talent in a supportive environment while challenging each associate to grow and develop consistent with our high-performance culture. We do this while embracing our Company’s culture, including our role as servant leaders.
You’ll assist the Governance Audit team with assessing and advising on risks to the company across Walmart’s various compliance subject matter areas., You will also work cross-functionally with Operations, IT and Finance and Accounting teams to deliver insights through effective communication, influence, and technical acumen. You will work with the audit teams through all project phases while incorporating feedback from and managing expectations of more experienced business and audit leaders.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing and planning corporate, divisional, and functional audits by assigning and managing audit steps; documenting audit processes by utilizing narratives and flowcharts; and preparing and analyzing work plans and budgets.
- Assigning and directing audit staff in the validation of control design and effectiveness and identifies process deficiencies by testing performance of controls against Company procedures and/or external regulatory/accounting requirements; evaluating process efficiencies; and performing advanced data and analytical analysis.
- Communicating audit information (for example, audit findings, status updates, process improvements) to Customer and Audit Management team by reviewing audit documents and work papers (for example, analyses, schedules, transcriptions, memos, and confirmation results related to audits) documenting work papers, findings, and recommendations for Management presentations; ensuring presentation, review reports, and correspondence are in alignment with Walmart's internal audit standards; participating in Customer conferences; resolving Customer and team issues; and updating audit Management and Customers on issues and risks.
- Planning and executing Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) processes by establishing Customer contacts; creating test plans; delegating test work; training staff and process owners on SOX application; training staff and process owners to document processes and identify key controls; working with Controller's office, process owners, and external auditors in control deficiency and weakness identification; analyzing financial and business information to identify improvement opportunities; and evaluating process owners' knowledge, adherence to , and execution of SOX regulations or requirements.
- Managing staff auditors by training staff in audit approach principles and professional work paper standards; evaluating staff performance through project evaluation; mentoring Associates; and providing performance feedback.
- Managing delivery of projects by overseeing completion of work product; and ensuring Customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrating up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Providing and supporting the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Modeling compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have compliance background.
- Experience using Power Bi and/or Tableau
- You think creatively and strategically and are comfortable challenging the status quo.
- You consistently apply data analytics approaches to drive efficiencies, assess, and monitor risks, develop audit plans, build, and analyze hypotheses to solve complex business problems or assess processes and controls in an audit context, and recommend action plans.
- You are comfortable working with large, complex data sets including understanding the tools and techniques best suited to the nature of the underlying data and project objectives, presenting data-driven results to maximize impact and decision making, and leading others through data analytics approaches.
- You can personally apply and lead others in using data analysis, automation, dashboarding and workflow tools.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you will quickly find we are a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you will discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you will be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or business-related field OR Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or other Information Technology-related field. 2 years experience in internal audit, information technology, or business-related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Audit - Internal, Finance/AccountingMasters: Business AdministrationCFE - Certified Fraud Examiner - Certification, CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor - Certification, CISM - Certified Information Security Manager - Certification, CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional - Certification, Financial & Insurance - Certified Internal Auditor - Certification, Financial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth