Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Developmental Technician, HVAC/R Facilities Maintenance (Non LBU Graduate)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1091934
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- This position is available only to recent LBU Insource graduates.
- Must upload LBU certification of graduation to be considered. Please upload in the resume/cover letter documentation section.
- This req is not location specific. Positions are available nationwide.
- Provides required paperwork by completing forms (for example, expense vouchers, weekly summaries, refrigerant logs, work orders); and submitting forms to senior leadership.
- Assists the Technician III, HVAC/R Facilities Maintenance by gathering capital expenditures lists; developing scopes of work to update heating,ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) or energy management systems (for example, rooftop units, condenser coil replacements);and identifying other issues related to regular HVAC/R service.
- Under supervision, completes HVAC/R work assignments and priorities by using HVAC/R policies, data, and resources; collaborating with management, coworkers, customers, and other business partners; identifying HVAC/R priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Ensures compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Environmental Protection Agency regulations and guidelines by performing work according to applicable regulations, guidelines, and the practices and procedures outlined in the Walmart HVAC/R safety policy.
- Assists in controlling company costs by conducting price comparisons of refrigerants, parts, and travel-related costs; and submitting warranty claims.
- Under supervision, performs major and minor preventive maintenance and repairs on HVAC/R equipment, and emergency management systems,and direct digital control equipment by replacing electrical motors or contactors; changing and adjusting belts; and installing compressors.
- Assists with the service and operation of company property by inspecting equipment (for example, tools, vehicles); troubleshooting and diagnosing HVAC/R problems; performing minor repairs; and scheduling major repairs and maintenance.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Type I/Type II Environmental Protection Agency Certification for Refrigerant handling.
HVAC/R Certificate of Completion through Live Better U and Penn Foster Career School.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls
Primary Location...2503 S. J STREET, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth