Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager I, Technical Design - eComm
- Location LONG ISLAND CITY, NY
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1090411
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
ELOQUII is a vertically integrated e-commerce destination for contemporary, fast fashion sizes 14-28. We bring trend-driven, feminine, polished fashion from the runways to our customer, working on a compressed design cycle and dropping new styles every week.
The Director of Technical Design will oversee all functions and tasks within the functional area of Technical Design.
They will ensure the quality of the Eloquii Brand through fit consistency and construction across all categories and divisions. The Director of Technical Design will lead the technical design team through the execution of product from development through bulk production. This is New York City, NY based position.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Lead, manage and develop a technical design team to ensure all department activities build brand equity and support the company’s strategic goals
- Oversee all product and channels while owning select categories
- Prepare technical design and specifications for products based on Design's vision, drawings, sketches and fabric selection.
- Collaborate with design, product development, and production to understand aesthetic and fit expectations and translate these expectations into patterns or schematics for use in the production process.
- Execute all technical requirements to develop and execute the product from development through bulk production.
- Anticipate and resolve technical, fit and quality issues during the pre-production stage.
- Able to evaluate garments, lead fittings and clearly communicate sample comments & pattern corrections to vendors
- Continually review and evaluate current blocks and grading to ensure brand right product
- Prepare the fit list styles, press, steam samples and ensure all fit samples are measured prior to each fittings.
- Lead in person fittings
- Oversee the management of weekly tracking of fit sample status with vendors.
- Manage Patternmaker as well as their workload to achieve desired design aesthetic and communicate fit/ balance to vendor partners
- Successfully manage calendar to ensure all department/categories are meeting deadlines
- Develop relationships with key vendor partners and understand capabilities of each vendor.
- Daily email communication with vendors to ensure all fit comments/ pattern corrections / grade rules are executed
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years technical design experience preferably in fashion, focus on women’s plus size clothing
- Forward- thinking professional with deep understanding of the industry and advanced proficiency in technical skills in garment construction including woven and knit across all sizes including plus sizes.
- A fit, style and construction expert who understands the brand
- A solid knowledge of patternmaking and grading
- An advanced understanding and practical application of garment sewing, construction, design, patternmaking, alterations and grading.
- Maximize skillset of technical design team and provide on the job training for senior and junior technical designers when needed.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate a technical team in a positive work environment.
- Share best practices to improve efficiency of technical department.
- Comfortable with MS office, PLM platforms, Photoshop, Power point, Adobe Illustrator, Excel and Outlook
- Understand sewing, garment construction and all the manufacturing machinery tools use in the factory.
- Multi-tasking: working with development tech packs & production fit comments daily on tight timelines
- Excellent organization skills, highly accurate and a strong attention to detail
- Team Player- help other teams as well as take initiatives with side projects.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be goal oriented, able to work in a fast-paced environment
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Textiles , Design, or related field and 3 years’ experience in technical design, product development, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in technical design, product development, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Apparel Manufacturing, Master's degree in Business, Textiles , Design, or related field., Supervisory experience, Working on cross-functional teams, Working with product development software
Primary Location...3718 Northern Blvd Ste 530, Long Island City, NY 11101-1637, United States of America
feminine, polished fashion from the runways to our customer, working on a compressed design cycle and dropping new styles every
ELOQUII is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth