Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Specialist, Billing - Health and Wellness Non-Store Operations
- Location CARROLLTON, TX
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1088296
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Handles bill review process by researching and interpreting state fee schedules, laws and regulations, and applying them to current processes or developing new procedures ; ensuring fee schedule changes are applied and communicated to vendor processors to ensure bill review compliance; testing and approving new or updating system applications; ensuring bill review software is functional to communicate software needs or programming issues to the bill review vendor; developing alternate workflows to accommodate system deficiencies; submitting rule requests to coordinators for testing to ensure rule accuracy; and using reports and logs to identify negative trends and creating action plans to mitigate disputes and penalties and to identify positive trends to maximize benefits.
Handles vendor processors and vendor payments by communicating expectations to vendors and ensuring vendors comply with contractual obligations; verifying vendor invoices; developing and reviewing reports to track vendor performance; providing guidance regarding policies and best practices and supporting vendors with bill decisions and guidelines; and participating in vendor selection and onboarding.
Completes analysis and implementation of state fee schedule formulas to validate accuracy of bill review software by converting fee schedules from a PDF file to an Excel file; researching state fee schedules and fee calculator data; updating state penalty calculators; and creating new state fee calculators as necessary.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others’
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field OR 1 year’s experience in accounting, medical billing, medical coding, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...1025 W TRINITY MILLS, CARROLLTON, TX 75006-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth