Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Program Management, Walmart Transportation
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Project and Program Management - PMO
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1080895
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As a part of the Walmart Supply Chain organization, you will contribute to the success of our Transportation Network! Why? Because Sam Walton founded our company with the belief that the customer is #1. It is not just a belief, but our way of doing business. With our Supply Chain Team at the forefront of retail transformation you can work on a team that is ultimately focused on delighting our customers, saving them both time and money in unexpected ways. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of Supply Chain!
Walmart Transportation is looking for top talent to join the organization. We are currently looking for Director, Program Management, Walmart Transportation to join our team!
You’ll be successful in this leadership role if:
- You are well organized and outcomes focused
- You excel at strategic program and project management
- You are committed to process and continuous improvement
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and jump into a variety of initiatives – to lead, or to participate, or to influence
- You have strong analytical background and comfortable with completing quantitative analysis and synthesizing insights
- You are experienced with designing and running nested operating cadences
You’ll make an impact by:
- Implementing and executing operating cadences to run the Walmart Transportation business in close partnership with the core leadership team and cross functional partners
- Managing a series of meetings and content for executive level business reviews, steering committees and initiative tracking
- Having ownership over monthly performance management
- Maintaining a portfolio level view of key strategic initiatives in flight – and keeping the leadership team up to date on progress, decisions, and tradeoffs
- Program managing critical strategic initiatives
- Tracking, synthesizing and mobilizing the teams around emerging insights across the organization, either via designed inbound and outbound reporting/updates or ad hoc, event-based mechanisms
- Collaborating closely with cross functional partners such as data science, finance and product to design and launch dashboards and reporting for the core business needs
- Organizing key team meetings and forums such as annual kickoff, monthly townhall, strategy off-sites etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience as a member of a strategy or programs or chief of staff team
- Experience in supply chain, transportation
- Demonstrated ability to lead PMO
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, Legal, or related field and 5 years’ experience in project management, compliance, operations management or related area OR 7 years’ experience in project management, compliance, operations management, or related area.
4 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
4 years’ experience leading cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Managing a budget, profit and loss statement, or relate financial processMasters: Business AdministrationProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"My favorite part of the day is talking with my team while drinking coffee and eating a donut."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth