Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Partner Manager, Walmart Connect
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1078675
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
With a proven understanding of both online and traditional marketing, this role will align with an Account Manager and counterparts within the Sales organization to develop industry-specific marketing relationships and to drive revenue by negotiating and optimizing complex opportunities with strategic clients. Success in this position will require a proven ability to reach and influence executive level customers, ecosystem partners (PMD's and Agencies) close new business and provide holistic marketing solutions.
Ideal candidates will have the ability to drive marketing strategy coupled with a willingness to roll up their sleeves and execute the tactics. Success in this position requires exceptional consultative sales, coaching, and client service skills; a willingness to experiment; the ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-focused environment; and a passion for helping others achieve results.
- Relationships: Develop and broaden high-level collaborative relationships, understand and identify contacts that manage multiple budgets (brand, shopper, DR, video, etc.), and close large JBPs with the Fortune 500 marketers
- RFPs: Create and present needs-based solutions and high-quality objective based opportunities to RFPs
- Revenue: Reach and exceed sales quotas while contributing to overall vertical and team goals
- Account Planning: Develop and actively manage short and long-term account plans based on client brand and performance marketing objectives
- Vertical/Industry Expertise: Partner with teammates and cross-functional partners to structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives – developing account plans, synthesizing market related data, leading client analysis and defining the overall business approach to Walmart Connect's success with digitally focused businesses
- Prospect: Prospect and penetrate organizations to drive alignment and influence executive and day-to-day contacts to execute against account plan
- Measurement & Insights: Collaborate with measurement partners to create learning agenda and to help clients measure the impact of Walmart Connect's measurement solutions
- Pipeline: Accurately and effectively manage sales pipeline in order to prioritize business opportunities and resources
- Thought Leadership: Serve as an industry thought leader in creative and digital advertising in order to drive creative and client success leveraging Walmart Connect’s ongoing product and technology developments. Create and deliver consultative sales presentations using industry knowledge, market trends, and Walmart Connect marketing solutions
- Executive Presence: Exhibit executive presence and confidence in presenting Walmart Connect to CEOs and CMOs both at Walmart and at Suppliers/Marketers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong track record of high-level negotiation and successful internal and external relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and diligent follow-through
- 7+ years’ experience in Marketing, Sponsored Products (Search), Brand Advertising, Performance Marketing, e-Commerce Sales, Digital Video Sales, Retailtainment, Experiential Marketing and/or Online Advertising
- 7+ years’ experience managing client direct accounts
- 3+ years’ experience as a proven strategic advisor working with C-Level clients
- Proven track record of successfully reaching and exceeding sales revenue goals through consultative sell
- Strong understanding of Walmart consumer behavior and how Walmart helps suppliers, marketers and consumers
- Strong analytical and Excel skills are essential, as well as curiosity, persistence, and the ability to solve problems in a structured manner
- Strong ability to apply operational rigor, methodologies and use technology to execute, assess, and explain complex brand and performance marketing solutions
- Experience in a fast-paced startup, sales, and/or online advertising environment strongly preferred
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, Consumer Psychology, or related field and 5 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field OR 8 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Brand advertising (for example, TV or video, sponsorship), media sales, customer acquisition and growth, search, mobile and online sales, Managing client accounts, Shopper marketing sales, eCommerce sales, retail advertising sales, search, Strategic Advisor working with C-Level ClientsMasters: Advertising, Masters: Business, Masters: Marketing, Masters: Psychology
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth