Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager I, Security
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Global Investigations and Security
- Job Function Global Investigations and Security
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1063740
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Manager I, Security – Threat Management
Senior Threat Managers (STM) conduct internal and external behavioral threat assessments and create subsequent violence mitigation plans. STMs are required to make urgent complex decisions, use excellent professional judgement, and protect associates and customers and the Walmart brand. STMs work quickly to interpret available data through the lenses of their experiences, professional training, case studies, academic studies, and peer partnerships to deliver behavioral threat assessments. Behavioral threat assessments are wholly dependent on available data and its veracity, and therefore assessments will likely morph and change as STMs acquire additional data. After completing the Threat Assessment, STMs clearly communicate their findings to cross-functional business partners and clients at various levels (Field level to EVP) to facilitate mitigation and support a safer workplace. This may include deciding the best way to proceed with subjects of WPV allegations (altered schedules, suspension, termination, etc.) When STMs Threat Assessments evolve, STMs must also keep field partners apprised of changing assessments and corresponding mitigation strategy changes.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You are certified in threat management.
- Have experience managing a high volume case load.
- You understand complex investigative processes
- You have behavioral threat assessment experience
- You have a professional understanding of risk spotting and risk mitigation tactics
- You are comfortable with critical decision making in uncertain situations
- You have basic knowledge of human behavior and mental health concerns
- You are an effective and clear communicator
You’ll make an impact by:
- Producing compelling presentations and training: Develop clear, cohesive, and skillful communication regarding threat assessments, threat mitigation, and training efforts
- Navigate and balance: Customer focused solutions and business/customer objectives with prioritization of life safety
- Adapt quickly and resourcefully: Competing demands and shifting priorities; effectively support others to meet challenges.
- Leveraging tools & channels: Sponsor or support programs and initiatives that improve adaptability and continuous learning within the team and to business partners.
- Building strategic relationships: Create and maintain a collaborative environment which thrives on feedback, lessons learned, and exchanges of ideas and experiences, and which continuously seeks input from both internal and external sources.
- Build a team culture: Expects, develops, and strengthens relationships internally and externally through trust and regular feedback.
- Operating with excellence: Layer clear, challenging, achievable expectations and goals with business initiatives; anticipate and plan for on-going improvement in performance, efficiency, and subject matter expertise.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Risk Management, or related field and 3 years’ experience in security, emergency management, risk management, law enforcement, fire service, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in security, emergency management, risk management, law enforcement, fire service, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Emergency Management, Project Management, Supervising AssociatesMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth