Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Category Manager III, Sam's eCommerce - Home, Apparel, Tire & Seasonal (HATS)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1057958
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Working at Sam’s Club means a career without boundaries. There’s always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work.
Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Our Digital Merchandising team thrives in an environment that inspires new ideas and creativity. As a Sr. Experience Manager, you’ll be surrounded by solutionists, team members who share your passion for leading strategy and revolutionizing the member experience from one digital touchpoint to the next.
Your day-to-day will be spent collaborating with merchandising, optimizing cross functional processes, supporting suppliers, leading a team, and ensuring that we provide the very best shopping experience in online retail. You’ll draw insights from merchants, member behavior, industry trends and digital analytics that we’ll leverage to drive business decisions and outcomes. Finally, you will lead a team of associates and hold yourself accountable to developing them into great individual contributors and future leaders at Sam’s Club.
You’ll make an impact through…
- Change Leadership: Encouraging and helping others to improve current ways of working, promoting new and innovative ideas, and recognizing/rewarding good ideas.
- People Development: Building and leading a team to execute on business area or category objectives; Coaching team members and providing feedback to enhance skills, knowledge, and work performance; having performance and career development conversations; Maintaining team motivation and engagement
- Member Experience: Ensuring online presence supports desired shopper/member experience for products within a highly complex business, including discoverability, buyability, product presentation, content, and enhancements.
- Market Positioning and Analytics: Managing analysis for a complex business, including themes and competitive landscape, to inform Merchandising and Digital Merchandising strategy and activations.
- Category Financials: Supporting the Merchandising and Digital Merchandising teams in analyzing and providing insight using digital analytics to draw connections between online member engagement and financial outcomes. Leverage data and insights to optimize behaviors, tactics, and outcomes.
- Category Tracking/Monitoring: Managing all performance metrics for a highly complex category; Overseeing the creation and maintenance of all item setup to ensure product line is accurately depicted in multiple systems for sales tracking; Monitoring product and category performance to identify improvement area and developing plans to drive enhanced results; Demonstrating expertise in multiple systems and sites throughout the category.
- Business Relationships: Managing and maintaining strong partnerships with cross functional teams to achieve optimal results across digital landscape; acting as proactive partner, solution and results focused, with a servant leader mindset.
- Collaboration: Maintaining deep expertise of Site Merchandising; Working with Specialists, Site Operations, Copywriters, Merchants, Marketing, and Tech to ensure category has the appropriate content and shop-ability features.
- Empowering Others: Empowering associates within a highly complex category to execute their tasks and make decisions by trusting their capabilities and expertise, and by encouraging learning.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You thrive in positions of leadership with a focus on developing associates to achieve their potential.
- You operate with a member-centric mindset that puts both data and insights at the center of every transaction.
- You stand by your ideas and come to the table ready to challenge those around you to think differently about the digital experience.
- You position yourself as a trusted advisor and a collaborative team player who finds inspiration in empowering those around you.
- You enjoy owning and developing plans for highly complex category strategy, supporting long term business plans and executing prioritized strategic initiatives.
- You are data savvy: you can analyze performance, understand trends, and translate results into strategies.
- You are tenacious, dedicated and thrive working with ownership, autonomy, and a healthy dose of competition.
- You drive results with strong financial acumen and technical capabilities.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are:
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum QualificationsBachelor’s degree in business, retail or related field and 4 years’ experience in business, retail or related field OR 6 years of experience in business, retail or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Supervisory experience
Primary Location...2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth