Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Telemedicine Physicians (Part-Time)
- Location LEXINGTON, KY
- Career Area Walmart Health
- Job Function Clinic
- Employment Type Medical Professional
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1053906
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
MC Medical LLC is looking to hire several part-time Telemedicine Physicians to support MeMD, Walmart Health’s recently acquired telemedicine company.
The Telemedicine Physician will be responsible for meeting, assessing, and diagnosing patients via telehealth and providing them with healthcare services that meet the applicable standard of care. They will be responsible for prescribing patients with appropriate medication, health regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will contribute to their recovery from diagnosed health issues, prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life. Board certification in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine or Family Medicine is required.
- 2+ years’ experience in an in-person (non-telehealth) primary care setting required for Virtual Primary Care providers
- 18 months of clinical experience post-residency, including experience prescribing appropriate medications, treatments, and health regimens to treat patient health issues.
- MD. or D. O. degree from an accredited healthcare institution.
- Successful completion of residency at an accredited healthcare institution.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, or Family Medicine from the American Board of Medical Specialties, American Osteopathic Association, American Board of Urgent Care Medicine or National Board of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Internal Medicine or Family Medicine board certification required for Virtual Primary Care providers
- Unencumbered State Medical Practitioner License.
- Has not ever been sanctioned/excluded/disbarred from any State or Federal Health Plan and has not Opted out of Medicare participation.
- 10 hours of availability each week
Join our community:
The transformation Walmart Health is making to the way health care is delivered at affordable, transparent pricing will impact individuals and communities for years to come — this is a chance to be part of something special! The opportunities presented by applying our resources and commitment to an area like Health & Wellness is limitless…. impacting the lives of consumers... saving them money and helping them live better. You really can make a difference!
Currently, we are not contracting with physicians who reside in CA, IN, KS, ME, MN, OR, PA, RI, and WI.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...500 W NEW CIRCLE RD, LEXINGTON, KY 40511-1833, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth