Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Counsel - Walmart US Legal, Store Operations
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Legal
- Job Function Legal
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1042191
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
This Senior Counsel – Store Operations role participates in the strategic design, execution, and evaluation of significant Walmart U.S. business initiatives to mitigate risk; provides executive leadership and field management with legal advice on a broad range of operational subjects; drafts, reviews, and edits, contracts, policies, program documents, and communications; develops and leverages internal and external partnerships to address complex and novel legal issues that transcend functional departments.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Identifying diverse operational legal issues originating from cutting edge strategic initiatives
- Crafting novel legal solutions to drive business growth
- Counseling officers and field management on legal and business strategies
- Collaborating with various Global Governance and business partners to timely deliver cross-functional projects
- Drafting, reviewing, and editing contracts and leading contract negotiations on high profile matters
- Partnering with compliance and litigation professionals to mitigate trending risk
- Evaluating and assisting with the development of standard operating procedures, policies, guides, training, and communications
- Engaging regulators and monitoring legislative and regulatory developments
- Valuing diversity and cultivating an environment of professional respect
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You effectively and efficiently evaluate and analyze risks
- You demonstrate confidence and are willing to make decisions
- You craft innovative legal solutions and think strategically
- You demonstrate leadership
- You influence others through effective communication
- You can manage a diverse workload that includes transactional work
- You have a sincere interest in Walmart’s business
- You are comfortable advising executive leadership
- You value diversity and treat others with respect
- You are resilient and respond well to adversity
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Law degree from an accredited law school and 5 years’ experience in law.
License to practice law in at least one state.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading cross-functional teams
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth