Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Global Investigator I - Insurance Fraud
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Global Investigations and Security
- Job Function Global Investigations and Security
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1030997
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Global Investigator I will lead and focus on complex investigations related to insurance fraud, specifically for customer accident claims and associate Workers Compensation claims. This individual will identify potential threats and mitigate risks by providing solutions and process refinements.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Using various tools and resources to produce accurate reports for internal stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Building relationships and working with business partners across various lines of business and departments on projects.
- Receiving allegations from a variety of channels and conducting complex investigations across multiple business segments.
- Working with Ethics, Legal, and other business units to strategize and thoroughly investigate allegations.
- Planning and executing proactive strategies for investigations while utilizing analytics to identify potential insurance fraud risk trends.
- Liaising with Law Enforcement, retail coalitions, and internal business partners.
- Developing investigative theories and using specialized techniques to:
- Gather and evaluate evidence (e.g., documents, surveillance video, testimony, media)
- Perform analysis
- Present findings
- Writing comprehensive, coherent, and proficient investigative reports that meet legal and regulatory presentation requirements (e.g., courtroom proceedings, governmental agency proceedings) and testifying to those findings.
- Conducting and directing interviews of direct and indirect witnesses and presenting findings to Ethics, Law Enforcement, or other business units.
- Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, missions, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others about their use and application.
- Staying up to date on the latest trends and news in Insurance Fraud, specifically relating to General Liability, Workers Compensation, Medical Provider fraud, etc.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have strong experience in data review, Electronically Stored Information (ESI), and proactive investigative methodologies as they relate to identifying and investigating Insurance Fraud in retail environments.
- You have a proven track record in conducting complex investigations and interviews related to forensic audit, sexual offenses, harassment/discrimination, or inventory matters.
- You can manage multiple complex cases while achieving results.
- You possess exceptional written communication skills and the proven ability to understand and present complex information to key stakeholders.
- Bilingual in Spanish
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and are a self-starter, capable of interfacing with Walmart’s business platforms to present investigative findings and identified risks.
- Frequent travel within the U.S., some involving multiple overnight stays, will be required.
Location: Based in Bentonville, Arkansas.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration, Political Science, or related field and 2 years investigative experience in casework/management, auditing, security, or related field OR 4 years investigative experience in casework/management, auditing, security, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Accounting - Forensic, Fraud and corruption casework/managementCertified Internal Auditor (CIA) - Certificate, Financial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
Primary Location...2914 Se I St, Bentonville, AR 72712-3148, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth