Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Manager II, Security - Program Manager
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Global Investigations and Security
- Job Function Global Investigations and Security
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1025738
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Associate Vetting Program Managers (AVPMs). AVPMs are responsible for facilitating the criminal screening program for the internal and external candidates to Walmart Inc. AVPMs are responsible for working with partners from legal, compliance, operations, and supplier teams to develop, implement, and maintain program solutions that deliver with speed and ensure fairness in the evaluation of criminal histories during the hiring process. AVPMs are required to make complex decisions, use excellent professional judgement, and protect associates, customers, and the Walmart brand while providing opportunities to those who demonstrate rehabilitation. AVPMs, act with agility and speed to put new insights into practice while minimizing disruption and rework.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You build strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- You are an effective and clear communicator
- You understand complex processes
- You understand the criminal justice system
- You have a professional understanding of risk spotting and risk mitigation tactics
- You are comfortable with critical decision making in uncertain situations
- You have basic knowledge of human behavior and mental health concerns
- You feel comfortable engaging in challenging discussions with professionalism
You’ll make an impact by:
- Operate with excellence: Align on clear expectations and deliver business initiatives; anticipate and plan for on-going improvement in performance, efficiency, and subject matter expertise. Aligns ways of working with goals, objectives, and core values.
- Adapt quickly and resourcefully: Prioritize amongst competing demands; recognize and manage tools to drive desired outcomes; effectively support others to meet challenges.
- Build strategic relationships: Maintain and support a collaborative environment which thrives on feedback, lessons learned, and exchanges of ideas and experiences, and which continuously seeks input from both internal and external sources.
- Support team culture: Supports and strengthens relationships through trust and regular feedback. Foster an environment that values inclusion and diverse perspectives. Supports social justice inside and outside of the company.
- Navigate and balance: Customer focused solutions and business/customer objectives with prioritization of safety
- Embrace change: Sponsor or support programs and initiatives that improve adaptability and continuous learning. Actively and rapidly embraces change by experimenting and gaining buy in and support.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Emergency Management, Risk Management, Security, or related field and 2 years’ experience in security, emergency management, risk management, law enforcement, fire service, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in security, emergency management, risk management, law enforcement, fire service, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Emergency Management, Project Management, Supervising AssociatesMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth