Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Alarm Tech I - In Store Installation Technician
- Location WINDSOR HEIGHTS, IA
- Career Area Global Investigations and Security
- Job Function Global Investigations and Security
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1005012
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Stores Inc is seeking a determined and dynamic Alarm Technician. The position will be responsible over the Windsor Heights, Iowa area. The shift will be a day shift, Monday- Friday. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of how an alarm system works and have ability to troubleshoot technical problems. This individual will have excellent customer service.
You will make an impact by:
- Installing, maintaining, and ensuring the operational functionality of life safety and security systems
- Assisting with electrical and fire code compliance
- Assisting security system technicians with administrative and maintenance responsibilities
- Providing customer service to multiple stakeholders (for example, Associates, vendors, suppliers)
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have experience working with low voltage license, fire alarm license, National Institute Certifying Engineering Technology (NICET) certification, National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NBFAA) training, National Electric Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 72, NFPA 731 and NFPA 101
- You are comfortable with technology and how to leverage tools to improve processes
- You are driven to execute and to act quickly
- You are process-minded and look for opportunities to streamline for improved efficiency and effectiveness
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: 1 year's experience using Microsoft Office Applications (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook). Valid drivers license.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Commercial security systems design, integration, and managementAssociates: Electrical Science, Vocational: Electrical ScienceNational Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies Level II Fire Alarm - Certification
Primary Location...1001 73RD ST, WINDSOR HEIGHTS, IA 50324-1311, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth