Senior Front End Engineer
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH651336
What you'll do at
We need super smart engineers to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platforms in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Jet from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general (Jet is a technology first company and prides itself on its culture of learning and knowledge sharing and we want all our engineers to be as passionate as we are!)
What you will be Working on
Our platform is largely an event driven platform implemented via microservice architecture. The platform runs in the cloud and uses a large number of technologies and middle ware. The front end code is written in ASP.NET Core, Node, WebAPI, AngularJS and/or React. The bulk of backend code is written in the functional style (F#) and our system of record is an event sourced system (essentially a log of all actions on the platform). We use a mix of Kafka, Redis, Elastic Search, Azure SQL, Event Store and Azure Storage for our data stores. About 50% of the platform runs on Linux and the rest Windows (although we move into more containerization, we will see a shift towards Linux).
- Working with technical leads, engineers, designers, business analysts and operations teams to develop dynamic client-side web applications across most areas of our business.
- Prototyping and developing new ideas and participate in all parts of the lifecycle from research to release.
- Working closely with UX and Graphic Designers to turn wireframes and visual designs into working HTML/CSS prototypes.
- Developing and optimizing front-end UI to ensure web applications are rendered consistently in cross-browser environments.
- Writing clean, scalable, standards-compliant, reusable, quality code with strong knowledge of OO design.
- Will own deliverable's for our web apps and front end
- Is a self-starter with a “can do” attitude who can take ownership of projects and drive them to completion.
- Is detail and results oriented with excellent problem solving abilities.
- Has some familiarity with current development tools such as Jenkins, Git, bower, gems, npm and bundle
- Has a fun personality, interest in start up environments, and the desire to be a part of the next big thing
- 4+ years of applicable industry experience
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Software Eng., Mathematics, or related field is preferred.
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest shopping experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no ones looked before and bringing it! Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving customers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is changing the shopping norm and learning a lot along the way, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents