Senior Mobile Designer
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH648925
What you'll do at
The Senior Mobile Designer is responsible for designing and executing the strategy for Jet’s iOS platform. Your goal is to help drive the evolution and growth of our iOS platform using a human-centered design approach.
Challenges you’ll be tackling
- You’ll partner with a cross-functional team of product builders to bring a best-in-class experience to millions of customers and champion a mobile-first approach across the business.
- You’ll also push our iOS experience forward through innovation around Jet’s value proposition and unique saving opportunities.
- Mobile contributes a huge part of Jet’s traffic and we are looking to grow rapidly. The Senior iOS Designer will play a central role in driving growth and retention on our mobile platform, a key part of Jet’s continued success.
- Collaborate with product managers and lead developers to define the user interaction and user experience features for the iOS app.
- Lead new user interface designs through the full design and development cycle (including concepts, information architecture, visual design and interaction design).
- Lead cross-functional design reviews for design concepts, from initial wireframes and prototypes through feature completion.
- Create UX artifacts in support of product development. This includes: prototypes, feature lists, user stories, user flows, wireframes/information designs, etc.
- Create functional prototypes that display highly innovative, engaging, and user centered designs.
- Engage in market research to explore and discover new features that best serve the target market.
- Lead usability user research and execute user testing of current and future designs, collect feedback for the product team.
How you’ll know it’s right
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done before…
- If you have a passion for iOS products and experiences
- If you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies around where the only constant is change…
We think you’d look great in purple.
- Strong vision for mobile internet consumer products, clear understanding of usability, user-centered design, accessibility and web standards
- Strong visual and interaction design
- Proven experience and understanding of iOS design/development, outstanding portfolio showing hands-on UI/UX for iOS track record
- Thoughtful user work flows, wireframes/mockups or comps demonstrating design approach
- 6+ years of user interface design, graphic design experience
- 2+ years of iOS app design experience (please provide reference of your work when applying for the position)
- Highly proficient with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Axure, etc
- Agile Development / Design experience, experience rapidly building and iterating on interactive prototypes
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction design or related fields
- Relevant experience in eCommerce
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team through the completion of all phases of a major project
- Prototyping animations and interactions
- Proficiency in Principal, Origami or other iOS prototyping platforms
Jet.com is changing the way the world shops. Founded on three simple values – trust, transparency and fairness – Jet is powered by a real-time pricing engine that finds innovative ways to pull costs out of the supply chain, creating more value for shoppers, retailers, and brands. Based in Hoboken, NJ—just ten minutes from Manhattan—our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents