Senior Software Engineer
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH526203
What you'll do at
We need super smart engineers from all levels to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platform in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Jet from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general (Jet is a technology first company and prides itself on its culture of learning and knowledge sharing and we want all our engineers to be as passionate as we are!)
What you will be Working on
Our platform is largely an event driven platform implemented via a microservice architecture. The platform runs in the cloud and uses a large number of technologies and middle ware. The bulk of backend code is written in the functional style (F#) and our system of record is an event sourced system (essentially a log of all actions on the platform). We use a mix of Kafka, Redis, Elastic Search, Azure SQL, Event Store and Azure Storage for our data stores. About 50% of the platform runs on Linux and the rest Windows (although we move into more containerization, we will see a shift towards Linux).
You’re a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for Software engineering. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
- Minimum 4 years of industry experience.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related field
- Proven industry experience with large scale distributed systems
- Solid experience with object-oriented and/or event driven systems
- We love engineers experienced with functional programming (P.S. If you are C++ or Java or C# or Python developer and willing to learn a new language, we love you too!)
- Understands the importance of operations in production systems (logging, telemetry, alerting etc.)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Has ambition and vigor to add value to a rapidly growing development team
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest shopping experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no ones looked before and bringing it! Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving customers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is changing the shopping norm and learning a lot along the way, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Keep up with all the innovations at Jet on our Tech blog.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents