Business Process Engineer - Walmart Marketplace
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH2253759
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
ABOUT THE JOB
Walmart U.S. eCommerce Marketplace team is looking for a strong Process Engineer to coordinate and lead the design and implementation for complex, cross-functional, and highly visible strategic return initiatives.
This Process Engineer will drive critical business improvement initiatives for Walmart Marketplace and partner support teams. The process engineer will play a critical role in both identifying and prioritizing process improvement opportunities, working with cross functional partners and guiding the improvement effort. You will be responsible for preventing, eliminating and reducing human contact and the pain associated with both creating and then solving for partner support issues. You will be responsible for both driving short term process improvements as well as long term process redesign.
This Process Engineer will be skilled at engaging and communicating to senior executives across multiple domains, as well as engaging at a detailed level across product management and engineering, strategy, merchant technology, retail merchandising, supply chain & analytics.
- Drive the product strategy and roadmap for key initiatives and deliver Seller insights/recommendation engines that will improve seller experience and satisfaction
- Reduce contact rate while improving service levels by creating operational efficiencies
- Identify, measure and improve operational metrics needed to determine success
- Develop and implement the cross functional operating framework that aligns business, product & technology teams on the highest value initiatives
- Work cross-functionally across multiple locations so communication, collaboration, and organization are key to your success. Work with cross-functional teams to translate the product strategy into a product roadmap and engineering sprints.
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree; Math, Science, engineering or a related field.
- 3-5+ years of successful leadership experience in project management and facilitation of large cross-functional teams in business operations and technology process improvement areas
- 3-5+ years of experience providing training to Executives, Managers, Associates, and Continuous Improvement (CI) champions on Lean, Six Sigma, Agile Scrum, PMP, Change Management and/or similar methodologies.
- Experience conducting customer interviews, market research, and competitor analysis.
- Experience with data-driven decision making and quantitative analysis and ability to demonstrate measurable results to business and customer KPIs. Experience working with large datasets.
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail and an ability to deal with ambiguity
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
- Marketplace/eCommerce experience would be a plus.
- Master’s degree; MBA, Math Science, engineering or related field.
- Lean/Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification.
- Strong presentation and influencing skills and the ability to interact with executive level business and technical partners
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents