Business Operations Manager - Walmart Fulfillment Services
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH2247825
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Business Operations team part of Walmart Fulfillment Services facilitates making our vision a reality by identifying and executing on the most important cross-functional initiatives. As a Business Operations Manager, you will help scale the business by helping make fact-based decisions and increase operational efficiencies while building good processes that support our growth. You will work closely with the Acquisition & Onboarding, Account Management, Finance, and Operations teams to drive key initiatives forward.
- Continuous Improvement and Support Strategy: Responsible for execution and contribution to the development of continuous improvement plans for tools and processes by reviewing and evaluating current processes and tools; Identifies areas of opportunity by performing a gap analysis on current capabilities and future expectations; Analyzes trends to identify root cause of highly complex issues, providing guidance on development of solutions based on functional expertise.
- Partner Support and Resolution: Provides escalation support to both internal and external partners for the most highly complex issues; Reviews open tickets daily for follow-up, routing and resolution of escalated issues and inquiries; Provides oversight of team supporting internal customers in troubleshooting issues related to item-set up or other technical issues; ensures work is distributed efficiently across the team; Analyzes trends to identify root causes of common issues and provides input to effective solutions.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization to investigate and recommend solutions to partner questions and issues.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
- Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
- Execution and Results: Plans and manages own time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
- Influence and Communicate: Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with key stakeholders across the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
- Adaptability: Quickly Adapt - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives.
- This role will require up to 30% domestic travel to fulfillment centers
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- At least four years of experience in related area
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail and an ability to deal with ambiguity
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word
- Experience presenting to leadership
- Supply Chain experience and/or manufacturing background
- Understanding of end-to-end supply chain management (scheduling, warehousing, fulfillment)
- Experience in process flow / quality
- eCommerce experience
- Skilled in SQL or other data querying languages
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents