Site Merchandising Manager – Curation & Seasonal Campaigns (Home)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH2081997
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Job
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Want to help millions of people create living spaces that they love? The Home Group at Walmart eCommerce (Walmart. Com, Hayneedle.com and Jet. com) is building a new type of customer-centric shopping experience at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to help you find and buy things you love for your home.
Online retail has given us the ability to find almost anything we'd want to buy if we can find it. We are looking for an experienced person to bring the Home story to vivid life through curation and visual storytelling. As the Site Merchandising Manager for Content & Seasonal Campaigns you will be responsible for tightly integrating content, merchandise, and presentation to redefine how consumers shop for their home. The ideal candidate should possess a knowledge of home furnishings trends and a tasteful eye for aesthetics and styles with the ability to curate products into inspirational stories that evokes customer demand. They will be able to leverage data, SEO and customer insights to seamlessly weave business strategy/priorities into an engaging content strategy and be a thought leader in the organization with a strong POV on curation.
What You Will Get To Do
- Tell Stories That Bring Our Products To Life: Combine content, merchandise, and presentation to redefine online shopping that feels unique and hand-picked.
- Make Shopping for Furniture Online Fun: Design shopping experiences that drive customer engagement, trust and purchases.
- Use both sides of the brain: Combine data, customer insights and creative intuition to optimize curated content, deliver on business goals and create a best in class customer shopping experience.
- Develop Our People: Attract, retain, and develop world-class talent.
- Team Builder: You are a strong coach and mentor with a track record of building, driving and managing a high performing team.
- Strong Communicator/Thought Leader: You have the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals across a , i. e., strong written and verbal communication skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels.
Who You Are
- Passion For Telling World-Class Stories: You love telling stories about lifestyles, designs and homes that enable consumers to reimagine merchandise beyond the product detail page.
- Customer Obsessed: You are passionate about earning and keeping customer trust through customer service, products and content.
- Love Data: You have a strong analytical bent with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Collaborative: You can effectively collaborate across cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization and “speak the language” of both business and creative partners.
- Passionate: Passion for eCommerce and for Walmart US eCommerce's mission.
- BA/BS required; 3-5 years of relevant experience in brand management, site merchandising or content management. Merchandising or buying experience is a plus, but not required.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents