Account Manager, Global Accounts, Walmart Media Group
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1954471
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking experienced sales professionals to help build and sell Walmart Media Group’s advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion driven and brand building solutions. You’ll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
As an Accounts Manager for the Global Accounts team at WMG, you will be responsible for helping to grow strategic advertising partnerships with some of the world's largest brands. We work cross-functionally with Walmart Ad Sales, Product, and Category Marketing teams. Externally, we work with suppliers' Brand Managers, Analytics, and E-Commerce teams, as well as their National Media and Shopper Marketing agencies.
Key Accounts Managers focus on 2-3 accounts each and report the Key Account Leads. They need to excel in problem solving and process executors. The ability to follow through on projects and maintain accountability is extremely important. The position requires experience working on a cross-functional, revenue-generating team within a complex organization.
- Develop strong supplier relationships and manage the day-to-day need, plus quarterly planning and communication cadence for selected Key Accounts
- Build and execute strategic plans to grow advertising revenue from suppliers based on a deep understanding of the suppliers’ business goals and marketing objectives
- Help build the Global Accounts service practice through professionalism, establishing process, creating real customer value, and driving revenue for the team
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to lead day-to-day relationships and work with management and multifunctional teams to respond to supplier needs. Excellent follow-through and no hesitation in ensuring accountability across teams
- Meticulously detail-oriented project management to ensure we increase the strength of our relationships with key suppliers and their investment in Walmart advertising
- Familiarity with analytics, advertising data/tech, and DMP technologies, paired with strong analytical and quantitative skills, problem-solving
- Resourceful in maneuvering through a large company while working in a nimble and fast paced environment – ability to adapt and thrive in any business situation
- Excellent follow through to see projects/tasks from beginning to deadline
- Willingness and desire to be a key individual contributor and strong team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills along with cross company and partner collaboration skills. Ability to be clear, concise, and effective in communication.
- Capability to work proactively under pressure and handling multiple ad hoc requests
- High level of comfort escalating and presenting key issues to management
- Tactical and strategic thinker to help influence suppliers’ investment in Walmart media/advertising
- 3-4 years of strategic partnership, customer success or account management experience in media or advertising
- 3-4 years of digital media or advertising experience, preferably from an agency or within a sales organization
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 5 years of strategic partnership, customer success or account management experience in media or advertising
- 5 years of digital media or advertising experience, preferably from an agency or within a sales organization
- 2 years or retail or e-commerce experience
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents