Associate Art Director
- Location EDISON, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1834644
What you'll do at
LOCATION: BARE NECESSITIES in EDISON, NJ
Position Summary: The Associate Art Director is a highly motivated individual who will contribute to our in-house creative team designing and maintaining an elevated, dynamic site experience. This position will collaborate with the CD, Designers and other business partners to develop an ownable, engaging and inspiring identity that communicates an exceptional user experience. This person will be passionate about fashion and will have a strong elevated aesthetic. The Associate Art DIrector will have previous experience in designing for digital platforms including desktop, mobile and tablet, enjoy solving complex visual problems with a focus on the principals of design, website usability, color theory, and graphics creation optimized for the web.
Reports to: Art Director
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop new ideas and creative concepts for a wide variety of interactive projects that inspire customers through design across all digital platforms including site, email and social.
- Collaborate with our Creative Director, Designers, and other stake holders to deliver high-quality, on-brand graphic solutions to build a superior customer experience.
- Create and manage design documentation, style guides, and specifications.
- Assist Creative with design direction for photo shoots.
- Develop and maintain detailed templates and specifications.
- Design consistent, cohesive, on-brand work.
- 8-10 years’ experience in Web/Internet /Digital design required.
- Display a solid understanding of site functionality, architecture, and navigation.
- Working Knowledge of HTML/DHTML and CSS.
- Understands responsive design and can think through UI for multiple devices.
- Design degree required (4-year college degree preferred).
- Online portfolio required.
- Demonstrate a mastery of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiar with MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- A strong understanding of high-end, editorial design is essential.
- Knowledge of the fashion industry and how it pertains to online sales.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced e-commerce environment.
- Video editing experience a plus but not mandatory
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents