Senior Data Analyst, Partner Payments - Marketplace
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1795998
What you'll do at
About the Job
This role will be a key member of the Marketplace Partner Financial Operations team with a focus on payments analysis and improvements to the Settlement operations & experience
- Lead payment initiatives to enhance the partner settlements platform with focus on accuracy and mitigation of financial, reputation and regulatory impact
- Validate partner settlements through proactive and reactive mitigation of Payment Fraud and Seller Risk
- Create operational metrics to drive better efficiency and help reduce partner payment friction
- Collaborate closely with Engineering and Product partners to advance seller tools on payments and improve seller experience
- Build risk policies & monitoring to detect and mitigate losses due to fraud and performance issues
- Collaborate cross functionally with trust & safety, performance, partner support to create robust risk processes and procedures
- Work with business leads to support Marketplace initiatives and monetization of new services
Key Success Criteria
- Strong analytical aptitude
- Driving ownership and accountability
- Strong customer advocate
- Excellent people skills
- Uses data and analysis to drive decisions
- Fosters trust with internal partners
- Values team dynamics and inputs
- Commitment driven
- Bias for action
- Major in Business, Statistics, Computer Science or similar field; Masters preferred
- 2-5 years industry experience preferably in Payments, Risk, Financial Services or similar space
- Ability to lead cross functional teams and prior experience working with Product and Technology teams
- Advanced understanding of SQL and working with large datasets;
- High proficiency with Excel based data analysis
- Experience driving projects toward clear business goals, testable hypotheses and action-oriented outcomes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents