Category Manager - Consumer Financial Services
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1792129
What you'll do at
Walmart eCommerce – whose brands include Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Modcloth, Bonobos and others – offers a variety of valuable services to enhance the customer experience. Walmart.com’s financial services portolio includes a wide range of offerings that increase our customers’ purchasing power and provide convenience for their day-to-day financial transactions, ranging from credit and lending products to gift cards, money transfers, pre-paid reloadable debit cards and check printing.
The Category Manager, Consumer Financial Services will be responsible for driving the strategy, financials and operational performance of a variety of services within the portfolio, focusing on growth initiatives, new features, customer experience, partner management and continuous improvement of end-to-end operating activities.
- Lead the strategic direction and day-to-day performance of a variety of Walmart financial services offerings.
- Develop and drive execution of the business growth strategy to deliver on the daily/weekly/monthly/annual financial plan. Look for ways to reduce the cost and increase the channel profitability.
- Create a growth oriented roadmap and be the internal advocate for new features to develop in partnership with Product, UX and other internal teams.
- Drive operating and site improvements to ensure continuous improvement in conversion rate leading to higher acqusitions and spend.
- Monitor competitive/industry dynamics and manage the customer value proposition to ensure Walmart’s competitive positioning.
- Generate customer insights and make continuous improvements to customer value proposition balancing the cost and profitability.
- Engage consistently with Marketing team and external brands to drive promotions and co-op opportunities for the category.
- Ideally 4+ years of Financial Services or related retail management, product management and/or operations experience
- 2+ years of experience in a consumer-focused, e-commerce environment.
- Solid analytical skills and high ease working with Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must be motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people management, P&L operating experience, analytical mindset, partner management and project management skills, and financial acumen with vision, creativity, and passion.
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically, highly skilled at influencing across the organization at all levels as well as ensuring flawless execution.
- Demonstrated high degree of ownership and integrity, attention to detail, excellent communication, and team approach in a fast-paced, fun, hard-working and customer-focused environment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- MBA a strong plus
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents