Category Manager, Men's Activewear - Fashion
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1713838
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground.
<ABOUT THE ROLE>
The Category Manager, Men’s Activewear is responsible for ensuring the Men’s Active category has a market-leading assortment, excellent financial performance and a great shopper experience across all of Walmart’s eCommerce brands. Your goal is to create the ultimate online destination for customers who turn to our family of brands first when they are shopping for Men’s Activewear.
<WHAT YOU’LL DO>
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
Own the Men’s Active category – end to end – across all our eCommerce brands. You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmart’s eCommerce brands, and be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, and pricing.
Build a best in class customer experience: You will be working alongside Site and Creative teams to determine what your category looks like, how products are sourced, found, displayed, delivered, and finally, marketed to our millions of customers around the USA!
Managing and inspiring a team of category experts: You will be a part of hiring, managing and inspiring our category experts, some fresh out of college, who will own subcategories within your categories and allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels. Your Category Specialists will be mini-GMs, and you will manage them and ensure they are helping you build our fashion experience!
- Own category financial targets and KPIs (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Evolve and elevate the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise and identifying assortment gaps and opportunities
- Own and optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
- Own vendor relationships
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Collaborate with marketing and creative teams on category messaging
- Manage a team of category specialists and experts
<WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE (QUALIFICATION)>
- You love fashion, trends and merchandising
- You like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes
- You want to do things in our industry that have not been done
- You understand that without risk there is no reward
- You want to run your own company one day
- Bachelor’s degree in business, retail or related field
- 5+ years’ experience within an e-commerce, retail merchandising or category management role
- Previous experience in the activewear industry
- At least three years’ experience supervising teams
- Experience building apparel assortments and scaling new businesses
- Proven track record of over delivering to financial plans and KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships, and comfort engaging with senior executives
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of online/offline retail or consumer internet technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain and sourcing processes preferred
- Experience in inspiring and managing teams
This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and build a career you’re proud of. Unlimited roles and opportunities for growth.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents