User Interface Designer / Developer (Bare Necessities)
- Location EDISON, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1700394
What you'll do at
POSITION LOCATION: EDISON, NEW JERSEY at BARE NECESSITIES
User Interface Designer Developer:
Bare Necessities is seeking a talented User Interface Designer Developer to join our rapidly growing team. This person will translate business & creative requirements into the highest quality user interface for all digital platforms. The User Interface (UI) Designer Developer will work collaboratively with our Ecommerce, Creative, & Technology teams. The successful candidate understands “pixel perfect” is the minimum requirement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Enhancing customer satisfaction and loyalty by improving the usability, engagement, ease of use, and pleasure provided in the interaction between our customers and digital platforms.
- Incorporate user preferences into models of design
- Test design models through user testing.
- Develop html prototypes to create an innovative look and feel to concepts; structure information filtering/retrieval, coordinate scripts and graphics with writers and designers, test prototypes, observe usability, and define specifications to improve the quality and effectiveness of the creative product to accomplish brand objectives.
- Provide expertise and collaborate with internal constituents to train staff on UI best practices and procedures.
- Explore, advance, and provide cutting-edge solutions to meet internal and external goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with internal business teams to provide guidance and digital expertise to ensure expectations and creative deliverables are being met.
- Anticipate internal business unit needs through thought leadership, issue resolution, and solution innovation.
- 5+ years or equivalent creative or technical background
- Web user interface design, object-oriented design (OOD), analysis, usability testing, web programming skills, web graphic design, understanding browser capabilities
- Clean and intuitive form design, as demonstrated within a portfolio
- A single-minded focus on our user as the center of our universe
- Easy, direct communication style. Equally comfortable with designers as tech speak; appreciate the nuances without sacrificing simplicity
- An unfailingly upbeat, can-do attitude and collaborative spirit that unites and galvanizes others. Understands how to take ownership but happy to share the credit
- A knack for juggling multiple projects of consequence
- Reliably good judgment and confident, independent problem-solving skills
- A hard-wired preoccupation with seeing each detail through to a resolution
Bare Necessities is the largest online specialty retailer of women’s branded and designer intimate apparel. Our mission is simple: to lift women up so they can soar. As bra experts, we know that when women feel comfortable in their own skin—like, really comfortable—only then will they become unstoppable. Here’s how we provide support…beyond measure:
With the right people. Our expert team of certified amBRAssadors™ lives to find her accurate fit and the perfect bras. They’re here to meet her every intimate apparel need and build a lifelong relationship.
With the right products. We carry bras in an unmatched range of brands and styles, in band sizes 28 to 58 and cup sizes AA to O. We also have the web’s best selection of bra-sized swimwear for average, full-busted and curvy women, plus an array of shapewear, hosiery, panties, activewear and even cute, comfy shoes.
We will only consider extremely highly-qualified candidates for a position. Positions are based in Edison, NJ.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents