Director of Product Strategy
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1681944
What you'll do at
About this Position
We are seeking a Product Leader who wants a unique, highly visible role in defining how Walmart’s US eCommerce business will continue to exceed growth targets and deliver a best in class customer experience. As the Director of Product, you will be charged with leading a highly strategic team that understands and maximizes the way our eCommerce team works across the lifecycle of running our business: assortment strategy, supply chain, data management, pricing and managing the customer experience. Your team will build the eCommerce “Flight Deck” that is the central hub of information, workflows and tools scaled across thousands of Walmart associates with direct impact to our P&Ls.
This role requires a passion for understanding workflows, behaviors and human/computer interaction to maximize impact. You will have regular exposure to Walmart’s eCommerce Leadership and your ability to influence and communicate will be critical. The reward for impact in this role is large: you’ll gain a full cross-functional understanding of our business and can grow into a strategic senior leader within our company.
Is this you?
What You'll Do
- You will develop a clear understanding of how Walmart eCommerce operationalizes its Retail Strategy. You will partner with associates at all levels of the organization from entry level to SVP+.
- You are comfortable leading across multiple geographies (primarily Hoboken, NJ and San Bruno, CA/Sunnyvale, CA) and business units: Jet.com, Walmart.com, etc.
- You’ll create a clear point of view on how Product can make retail more effective and positively benefit our customer.
- You are comfortable defining a platform strategy.
- You’ll work through others to maximize the impact and velocity of your efforts; you must be comfortable guiding initiatives in a matrixed environment.
- You understand that product is more than developing technology and can frame how to leverage people-based solutions to accelerate outcomes.
- You aspire to grow your career rapidly and like high risk, high reward opportunities.
- Proven leader that can inspire a high performing team of 5+ Product Managers, delivering products at Walmart scale
- High level of comfort with analytical approaches and quantitative methods
- Experience with SaaS / PaaS product and associated engagement model
- Action oriented, independent, self-starter comfortable working in an unstructured, fast paced environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive products and competing priorities simultaneously with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Understand the importance of design and research and how both fit into building new processes and deploying new technologies
- BA/BS degree, with 6+ years of experience managing product teams and delivering on time product solutions for internal stakeholders
- Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents