Strategic Program Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1650555
What you'll do at
About the Job
We want a passionate, driven, and entrepreneurial individual with a track-record of cross-functional excellence to join us in building our best-in-class organization at Walmart and transforming the face of retail. The ideal candidate is skilled at working at the strategic level and rigorously diving into details. This role will be responsible for helping drive key strategic business initiatives and guide them to completion across Walmart’s US eCommerce organization. The ideal candidate will harness the company’s financials, operational data, and business analytics to help set direction and work closely with the entire retail eCommerce organization for day-to-day business execution. This individual will interface broadly across multiple functions, including Supply Chain, Product, Analytics, Finance, Marketing, and Retail. They will need to develop breadth of knowledge about the business as well as functional depth in key areas.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Walmart’s US eCommerce strategy and operating model
- Help facilitate complex strategic initiatives for key Walmart US eCommerce Retail objectives
- Maintain clear understanding of Walmart eCommerce operating data
- Support eCommerce team in developing organization-wide goals and ensure regular progress toward those goals
- Partner with retail eCommerce leaders on their strategies for category-specific opportunities
- Assist in leading ad hoc special initiatives that tie to critical aspects of our business plan
- Develop internal and external presentation materials in support of the overall strategic agenda
- Insanely deep desire to help drive transformational strategic and operational change at the scale of the world’s largest company and one of the world’s largest eCommerce retailers
- A startup mentality - scrappy, creative, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class
- Great demeanor and partner-facing attitude, including being flexible, reliable, and efficient
- Track-record of effectively managing teams to complete time-sensitive projects with moderate guidance
- Ability to work cross-functionally to influence decision makers across the organization
- Program management experience in a retail or consumer-web company
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a strong bias for action
- 4 years of relevant experience in strategy in consumer-facing businesses (preferably retail, consumer goods, consumer technology, and/or consulting)
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree and/or consulting experience preferred
We are building a new kind of company, and we are building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in our values -- respect for the individual, service to our customers, strive for excellence, and acting with integrity. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we are dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with us to achieve it. If you are an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we would love to talk to you about joining our team.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents