Associate Product Manager, Search
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1625642
What you'll do at
The Associate Product Manager, Search is responsible for supporting Jet.com & Walmart.com search products.
- Align product execution with larger product strategy and have deep understanding of how the product delivers value to the customer and business metrics
- Support quarterly roadmap planning, and interface directly with stakeholders across the organization – including Design, Engineering, Merchandizing, Data Science, Retail, or any other party you determine to be an important stakeholder to the product – to secure both resources and alignment of goals
- Work diligently to maintain strong communication and productive collaboration with partners and set up partners for success
- Coach less experienced team members and provide feedback to enhance skills, knowledge, and work performance
- Formulate and prioritize the problem statement(s) to solve for, drive discovery, and partner with relevant stakeholders to create, conduct, and analyze product discovery plans. Execute discovery in order to establish value, usability, feasibility and stakeholder buy-in.
- Write excellent acceptance criteria and user stories while collaborating with PMs/Engineering to communicate cross-function and cross-team. Understands and uses Jira process as defined by Tech Excellence.
- Partner with PMs and Engineering to launch scoped feature(s) against agreed-upon timeline. Escalate scope creep and timeline risks to more senior PM. Delivered features have measurable impact on given KPIs.
- Understand and monitor relevant business metrics for product, using existing dashboards or create simple ones of your own. Propose success metrics, A/B tests and user research to validate experience and use data to back up proposed feature work. On an on-going basis, communicate KPIs with partners and alert them to pattern shifts.
- Through both formal presentations and influence, communicate with partners the findings from the discovery process, progress towards launch, and the impact of the launch and A/B tests on the customer and the business. Solicitate feedback from key stakeholders before sharing.
- Develop expertise in product; stay current with competitors’ products; conduct user research with competitive websites to gain customer-level insights on the strengths and weaknesses of the competition
- Continually challenge yourself to learn more and grow the scope of your role
- Lead by example, contribute to our values and adhere to our high standard of performance
- Have no problem jumping into analytics, operations, debugging, QA, or any other area the team may need you
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Highly organized & detail oriented, with a strong ability to establish priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Fun, creative, team-oriented personality
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Bachelor's Degree and 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Strong technical understanding and ability to learn a highly technical role quickly
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Valid experience in R or Python
- Familiarity with Adobe Analytics, Looker, REST APIs, Postman
- Experience with and knowledge of a Search Platform (like Elasticsearch or Apache Solr) and Natural Language Processing
About the Retail Core Engine:
Our team builds the technologies that empower shoppers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories and fulfillment options. We partner closely with Retail Leadership to ensure the experience from Supplier to Customer is seamless. As a product owner within the Retail Core Engine you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to influence the behavior of hundreds of millions of consumers at the world’s largest retailer. You’ll be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. You’ll work in close partnership with engineering to define a roadmap, maintain agility, and navigate to deliver through any set of constraints.
As the backbone of Walmart’s US E-Commerce Retail Business you’ll have exposure to:
- Thousands of Suppliers who rely on our technology to maximize their performance.
- Millions of customers who shop on Walmart’s US-Ecommerce Properties (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos, Shoes.com and more).
- A diverse set of leaders who represent the best and brightest in omni-channel commerce.
- All aspects of the lifecycle that powers a multi-billion dollar business… partner experience, supply chain, product catalog, search, tooling, consumer experience.
- The ability to influence the direction of one of the world’s largest companies. The only constraint is your vision and passion to execute.
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime and anywhere using online, mobile, social and stores. Walmart’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents