2019 Summer Intern - Brand Manager, Store No 8
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function Internship
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1607945
What you'll do at
2019 Summer Intern – Brand Manager, Store No. 8
About Walmart eCommerce
Walmart eCommerce is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. With some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Backed by the world’s largest retailer, Walmart eCommerce is a growing family of brands including Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoes.com, Store 8 and more. And we’re just getting started.
About Store No. 8
Store Nº8 is the incubation arm of Walmart. We incubate companies to develop the leapfrog capabilities that will transform the future of retail. As a stand-alone entity, with the support of the world's largest retailer, Store Nº8 has a view directly into the heart of America. Our team is uniquely positioned to make a positive impact at a massive, national scale. We incubate and partner with entrepreneurs, early stage startups, VCs and academics to innovate across a wide variety of areas including virtual and augmented reality, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. Join us as we ignite the change that changes everything.
About the Internship
The Store No. 8 Brand Management Intern will play a unique role in creating the future of retail. During the 10-week program, you will have the chance to work on real-time projects, gain first-hand insights, and get your hands dirty with Store No. 8 and its portfolio companies. The Brand Intern will get experience in a full spectrum of branding, including:*
- Digital Marketing: Perform a social media audience data project, implement learnings, and work with social media agency on external community management
- Community Management: Help build strategy and framework, then execute on internal community programs for Store No. 8 and its portfolio
- Events: Work on programming and execution for the internal associate bootcamp, iD8
- Creative Project Management: Manage timelines and development on a number of creative projects (examples: brand-building sprints, video production, landing pages, etc.) and sit in on creative strategy meetings
Your internship experience goes far beyond your assignment. Every day, you will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of professional development offerings ranging from brand knowledge to agile training. Through the intern executive speaker series, tech talks and work-team activities you will be able to gain greater knowledge on the company and the industry. Finally and most importantly, being an intern at Walmart eCommerce is fun! Whether you are playing a pickup basketball game, hanging out at company happy hours, or taking an intern-only catamaran cruise, there is always something going on. With New York City your playground, the opportunities both inside and outside of work are endless. Join us!
*Specific projects will be communicated when you start the internship.
We are looking for passionate, driven, detail-oriented interns to join our best-in-class brand & thought leadership team. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for retail, technology, and/or branding, and:
- Must be one year prior to graduating undergrad (graduating in 2020)
- Strong GPA and a commitment to academics
- Major in Humanities, Business, or similar
- Interest or experience in community building, project management, brand-building, social media, PR, and/or events
- Growth mentality: scrappy, creative, and constantly iterating
- A self-starter with a “can do” attitude who can take ownership of projects and drive them to completion with minimal direction
About Hoboken, NJ
Want to live a stylish lifestyle while working at the Fortune 1? Hoboken is minutes away from the world’s best restaurants and bars in New York City. Spend your summer exploring the vibrant night life, museums and historic parks while driving global-scale impact in supply chain. They’ll be within your grasp if you intern with us.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents