Associate Product Manager, Item Set Up Data Models
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1598225
What you'll do at
About the Retail Core Engine
Our team builds the technologies that empower shoppers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories and fulfillment options. We partner closely with Retail Leadership to ensure the experience from Supplier to Customer is seamless. As a member of the product team within the Retail Core Engine you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to influence the behavior of hundreds of millions of consumers. You will be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. You’ll work in a close partnership with engineering to define a roadmap, maintain agility, and navigate to delivery through any set of constraints.
As the backbone of Walmart’s US E-Commerce Retail Business you’ll have exposure to:
- Thousands of Suppliers who rely on our technology to maximize their performance
- Millions of customers who shop on Walmart’s US-Ecommerce Properties (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos, Shoes.com)
- Diverse set of leaders who represent the best and brightest in their fields
- All aspects of the lifecycle that powers a multi-billion dollar business… partner experience, supply chain, product catalog, search, tooling, consumer experience
- The ability to influence the direction of a company only constrained by your vision and passion to execute
About the Role
In this role you will, you will build the data structures that power item set up and enrich the Walmart.com shopping experience. You will gain a thorough and detailed understanding of attribution and taxonomies needed to build new experiences for our suppliers, customers and internal stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to work directly with our large portfolio of suppliers and Walmart associates to create the data models needed to deliver value and satisfaction to our Walmart shoppers.
- Define taxonomy and attribution models that will drive item orderability, transactability and discoverability across Walmart.com and Walmart Stores.
- Work with our front-end product management counterparts to define the backend attribution models needed to support rich experiences for our Walmart.com customers.
- Gain subject matter expertise in the data requirements defined to set up items across Walmart’s portfolio of ecommerce and physical retail locations.
- Design data attribution that offers the least amount of friction to our external partners and can be consumed and stored by our internal structured data services.
- Learn about structured data at Walmart and how what we define impacts our front end and back end organizations.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, consistent with a customer focus and a deep understanding of the content and of business needs.
- Understands taxonomy, data structures, merchandising and customer facing experiences such as left-hand navigation filters and browse.
- Define the meta data that defines individual attributes such as character lengths, data types and user facing data definitions.
- Map out end to end data flows to identify attribute internal consumers.
- Investigate data collection methods that can alleviate existing data requirements away from our partners.
- Empathize with Walmart’s item set up partners and take the extra care to find ways to reduce their friction points while collecting enough information to make items orderable and sellable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in an ecommerce company
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and calm under pressure
- Someone that takes the extra step to ensure that the work they do will help our customers and partners
Education & Experience
- Minimum BA/BS degree in related field
- Minimum 2 years experience
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents