Category Manager, Women's Fashion Footwear
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1564619
What you'll do at
What you'll do
The Category Manager – Women’s Fashion Footwear, is the business owner for this category across the suite of Walmart US eCommerce websites – including Walmart.com, Jet.com, & Shoes.com. Your ultimate goal is to oversee a team to expand your business, grow its profitability, and make our sites the most compelling destination online to shop your assortment. This position reports directly to the General Manager of Footwear.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
Own the Women’s Fashion Footwear category – end to end – across all our ecommerce brands: You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands (Walmart.com, Jet.com, and Shoes.com), and be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, and pricing.
Build a best in class customer experience: You will be working alongside Site and Creative teams to determine what your category looks like, how products are sourced, found, displayed, delivered, and finally, marketed to our millions of customers around the USA!
Managing and inspiring a team of category experts: You will be a part of hiring, managing and inspiring our category experts, some fresh out of college, who will own subcategories within your categories and allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels. Your category specialists will be mini-GMs, and you will manage them and ensure they are helping you build our Footwear experience!
- Own category financial targets and KPIs (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify levers to achieve those targets
- Evolve and elevate the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise and identifying assortment gaps and opportunities
- Optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
- Work with planning and supply chain partners to manage owned inventory in your category
- Own vendor relationships, including negotiating product costs and supplier funding
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Collaborate with marketing and creative teams on category messaging
- Manage and inspire a team of category specialists and experts
How you’ll know it’s right:
- If you love fashion, trends and merchandising
- If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done
- If you understand that without risk, there is no reward
- If you want to run your own company one day
- 10+ years of proven experience in retail; eCommerce experience preferred
- 4+ years of managerial experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skillset; ability to identify relevant data sources and extract insights from data
- Sound commercial acumen; track record of developing and executing strategies aligned to business goals, and taking calculated risks while appropriately managing trade-offs
- Proven track record of establishing and developing business relationships, and in complex negotiations
- Experience building broad footwear assortments and scaling new businesses
- Proven track record of over delivering to financial plans and KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships, and comfort engaging with senior executives
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of online/offline retail or consumer internet technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain and sourcing processes preferred
- Experience in inspiring and managing teams
Walmart Ecommerce is changing the way the world shops. Our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience that saves customers every penny possible. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents