Senior Manager of Customer Experience and Analytics, Outdoor
- Location MADISON HEIGHTS, MI
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1560426
What you'll do at
Senior Manager of Customer Experience and Analytics
Moosejaw is the most fun outdoor retailer ever. We sell the finest gear and outerwear through Moosejaw.com, our catalog, and our ten retail shops in Michigan, Illinois, Colorado and Missouri. It’s a very exciting time for us as we are experiencing very rapid growth. At Moosejaw, our goal is to make shopping as much fun as climbing in the Himalayas. Not that climbing in the freezing cold weather is fun but you know what we mean.
We’re seeking a Sr. Manager of Customer Experience & Analytics to join our marketing team based out of our headquarters in Madison Heights, Michigan. Do you love digging into data to find key insights? Do you live to discover the key ways to increase customer lifetime value? Do you yearn to understand how customer shopping flows and how to remove barriers to conversion? Do you thrive in a culture of constant change, testing and improvement? If so, then do we have a role for you!
This exciting role manages the overall customer experience and relationship from their first site visit through to ongoing loyalty campaigns. As such, it encompasses multiple disciplines including web analytics, user experience, A/B testing, email marketing, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Yes, that’s quite a lot of stuff… but at the center of it all are the customer and data. Lots and lots of data. In the right hands (brain cells, really), all of that data can provide powerful insights on how we improve customer conversion, engagement and loyalty.
Don’t worry, you won’t be expected to do it all by yourself. This leadership role includes a team of four direct reports across email, A/B and UI testing, and data analytics. You will be responsible for prioritizing the team’s work around understanding and communicating the customer experience metrics across all devices and channels. You will lead the measurement, testing and improvement of the user experience on Moosejaw.com. Together with your team, you will recommend UI changes and work across teams (from creative to IT) to design, build, and implement improvements that will delight customers as measured by metrics such as time-on-site, ATC, conversion, AOV, reorder rate, and LTV.
We’re looking for an experienced leader who knows how to prioritize and use data to make strategic decisions. Somebody who has the web analytic skills to work effectively with developers to improve the user experience. Somebody who isn’t afraid to ask questions and challenge conventional thinking or the way we’ve always done things at Moosejaw. Somebody who is a passionate advocate of improving the customer experience on our site. Also you must have a strong affinity for the Moosejaw brand and our culture. If you like the outdoors, that’s a cherry on top of the icing which is also on top of the cake.
Summary: An individual in this position will be expected to perform the below essential functions as well as additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customers’ experience on desktop, mobile, and tablet through a combination of data analysis and A/B testing.
- Use that understanding to drive key insights and improvements in UI, personalization, offers, etc.
- Oversee execution of the Moosejaw email program to keep customers engaged and create a consistent, effective, and personalized email experience.
- Lead the direction of our CRM System to deliver customer insights that drive ongoing improvements in customer retention and loyalty.
- Oversee overall customer data reporting including site analytics, A/B testing, CRM and email.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position. Sorry to be so boring about it.
- Judgment: Make Informed Judgments - Uses relevant business metrics, analyses, and reports to measure, monitor, and improve performance. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems, and identify and implement applicable solutions. Integrates knowledge and expertise in making fact-based recommendations and decisions.
- Social Responsibility and Reputation: Strengthen Reputation and Local Involvement- Participates in and supports community events, and conducts business in a manner that creates and maintains a “good neighbor” image. Develops external relationships and partnerships to strengthen the reputation of the Company. Serves as a credible and effective spokesperson and representative for the Company.
- Customer Centered: Ensure Customer Centered Performance- Analyzes data and information, and develops plans to exceed Customer expectations. Sponsors initiatives and practices that provide Customers with desired products, services, and experiences and that grow the business. Ensures Customers receive the level of service that builds their trust and confidence. Removes barriers to delivering Customer value, service, and support.
- Execution and Results: Ensure Execution and Achieve Results- Conveys a sense of urgency in ways that motivate others to complete responsibilities and achieve goals. Pursues the achievement and alignment of measurable and meaningful goals. Leverages resources and talent to achieve business goals. Ensures others are held accountable for achieving expected results. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results. Monitors progress of others and redirects efforts when goals change or results are not met.
- Planning and Improvement: Ensure Planning and Improvement- Sets clear expectations, performance measures, and goals, and helps others do the same. Plans for and ensures others have the information, resources, implementation time, and talent needed to accomplish business initiatives. Identifies and plans for improvement in performance using key business metrics.
- Influence and Communicate: Build and Influence Team- Develops and communicates logical, convincing reasons, including lessons learned, to build support for one’s viewpoints and actions. Involves others in decisions and plans that affect them, when appropriate. Recognizes and rewards team accomplishments, celebrating team and organizational success. Ensures business priorities, change initiatives, and organizational information are communicated in clear and compelling ways. Promotes the exchange of diverse experiences and ideas within own organization.
- Talent: Manage and Leverage Talent (Leader) - Develops talent plans for own organization targeted at increasing effectiveness, building diversity, and enhancing bench strength. Manages roles, assignments, and developmental opportunities to maximize organizational performance. Ensures people processes (for example, selection, development, performance evaluation) lead to effective Associate performance and desired results throughout own organization. Monitors Associate performance and provides constructive feedback that is specific, honest, accurate, and timely. Provides learning opportunities, guidance, and support in the development of Associates.
- Talent: Train and Develop Talent (Individual Contributors)- Monitors Associate performance and provides constructive feedback that is specific, honest, accurate, and timely. Manages roles, assignments, and developmental opportunities to maximize organizational performance. Provides learning opportunities, guidance, and support in the development of Associates.
- Build Relationships: Network Internally and Externally- Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Relates to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background. Promotes a team-based work environment that respects, embraces, and values diversity in others.
- Ethics and Compliance: Ensure Ethics and Compliance- Actively communicates, trains, and guides Associates on compliance with policies and procedures. Maintains an environment that promotes and reinforces the highest standards of integrity and ethics. Anticipates potential issues and takes action to enhance compliance.
- Adaptability: Adapt and Learn- Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, or adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Identifies and takes steps to improve adaptability and continuous learning capabilities in own organization.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer. Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Reads information, often in small print.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Business, Data, or IT field is preferred.
- 5 – 7 years of work experience in digital marketing and/or ecommerce.
- Experience with customer databases and email marketing.
- Experience with CRM platforms (Agilone), web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Coremetrics), and A/B testing tools (Monetate) is preferred.
- Experience with site personalization techniques and technologies
- The ability to shoot Nerf darts at no more than a 30 degree trajectory.
- General curiosity for complex problem solving.
- Deep understanding of ecommerce customer behavior and drivers of customer conversion.
- Strong creative problem solving, prioritization, and communication skills.
- Strong ownership, accountability, and leadership skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team based, collaborative environment.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents