Email & Push Marketing Specialist at The Walmart Family of Brands
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1557256
What you'll do at
Major innovations. Massive scale. Imagine the possibilities. Did you know the world's largest brick-and-mortar retailer is also one of the fastest growing and most dynamic e-commerce organizations? Led by Marc Lore, founder and former chief executive officer of Jet.com, we're creating an experience that lets customers shop anytime, anywhere — delivering exactly what they want, when they want it. Want to join the team that's changing the way the world shops?
In 2016, Walmart acquired Jet.com and began expanding its portfolio of e-commerce sites. As part of the Jet acquisition, Hayneedle.com (home furnishings) also joined our family. In 2017, Walmart added Shoes.com (footwear), Moosejaw (outdoor apparel and gear) ModCloth (women’s apparel) and Bonobos (men’s apparel) to the portfolio. The result? An unparalleled selection of brands and categories, and a family of sites that provides a great end-to-end experience for customers.
About the Job
The email and push marketing specialist will develop, execute and optimize email and app marketing strategies to drive customer lifetime value and rapid growth for one or more of the sites within the Walmart eCommerce Family of Brands. We are looking for a highly motivated and quantitative-minded individual to find innovative ways to engage customers in relevant and meaningful ways throughout the customer lifecycle. You are driven by data and passionate about creating customers for life at scale across our target customer segments.
- Produce and schedule for deployment email and push/in-app marketing campaigns using major ESP, such as Responsys, Selligent, or Cheetah Digital
- Interpret email and push campaign results while looking for opportunities to test and optimize leveraging Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics and other tools
- Create A/B testing road map (subject line, content, time of day, content, landing pages channel, frequency) iterating and improving upon existing and new initiatives
- Help guide email segmentation, targeting, and contact strategies (e.g. cadence & frequency) to maximize sales, conversion rate, repeat purchase rate and LTV/CAC (customer lifetime value/customer acquisition costs
- Partner with insights & analytics, product and external teams to improve back-end automation, as well as to launch and optimize customer journeys and triggered campaigns
- Collaborate with creative, editorial, development, and site merchandising teams as well as external partners
- Effectively communicate email and push marketing performance and test learnings to the broader marketing team, to cross-functional partners, and to leadership. Develop customized dashboards and reports as needed
- Own relationship with ESP and other third party partners, working closely on product updates, opportunities and beta participation
- 2-4 years of experience in email marketing for an ecommerce company, retail experience a plus
- Hands-on experience with ESP, Oracle Responsys or Selligent a plus
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and email client basics desktop and mobile
- Familiarity with principles of database marketing segmentation
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analytics and work with complex datasets to understand performance, optimize campaigns, drive decisions, and measure outcomes
- Mobile-first mindset, acquiring and engaging customers wherever they interact with our brands
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree or MBA a plus
- Experience in a high-growth retail eCommerce environment
- Experience with mobile marketing
- Experience with analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics or Coremetrics)
- Knowledge of reporting tools, such as Tableau, Oracle BI, etc.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents