Senior Manager, Customer Retention Marketing at The Walmart Family of Brands
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1557250
What you'll do at
Major innovations. Massive scale. Imagine the possibilities. Did you know the world's largest brick-and-mortar retailer is also one of the fastest growing and most dynamic e-commerce organizations? Led by Marc Lore, founder and former chief executive officer of Jet.com, we're creating an experience that lets customers shop anytime, anywhere — delivering exactly what they want, when they want it. Want to join the team that's changing the way the world shops?
In 2016, Walmart acquired Jet.com and began expanding its portfolio of e-commerce sites. As part of the Jet acquisition, Hayneedle.com (home furnishings) also joined our family. In 2017, Walmart added Shoes.com (footwear), Moosejaw (outdoor apparel and gear) ModCloth (women’s apparel) and Bonobos (men’s apparel) to the portfolio. The result? An unparalleled selection of brands and categories, and a family of sites that provides a great end-to-end experience for customers.
About the Job
The senior manager of customer retention will develop, execute and optimize customer retention marketing strategies across email and app channels to drive customer lifetime value and rapid growth for one or more of the sites within the Walmart eCommerce Family of Brands. He/She will be a customer experience champion and own the customer journey map, establishing engaging communications to delight our customers at every stage and interaction with our brands. We are looking for a self-motivated marketing manager, able to thrive in a fast-paced, results and deadline driven environment. You are driven by data and passionate about creating customers for life at scale across our target customer segments.
- Strategically lead, develop, implement and manage customer lifecycle marketing programs with a focus on email and app marketing from ideation to execution
- Identify gaps in retention in order to develop campaigns and programs to drive increased repeat purchase, customer LTV and brand affinity/NPS
- Define customer segments and create relevant and personalized customer journeys to drive LTV
- Onboard new-to-file prospects through best-in-class execution of personalization, brand story-telling, activation of first purchase/second+ purchases tactics while focusing on the customer mindset
- Cultivate a test-and-learn culture and build out testing road map to optimize email performance and achieve customer retention goals
- Lead a team while working cross-functionally with loyalty, insights & analytics, site merchandising, product, creative and design, and finance teams
- Collaborate with customer acquisition to define target audiences and grow our contact list. Guide data capture efforts across marketing and customer touch points
- Effectively communicate customer retention strategies and performance to the broader marketing team, to cross-functional partners, and to leadership. Develop customized dashboards and reports as needed
- Build processes to quickly identify shifts in performance and a plan for response
- Own relationship with ESP and other third party partners
- 5+ years of experience in customer retention marketing for an ecommerce company, retail experience a plus
- Proven track record of driving growth for an eCommerce business by building, optimizing, and scaling effective customer lifecycle program and promotional contact strategy for a diverse range of initiatives (e.g., engagement, reactivation, cross-sell/up-sell, referral)
- Demonstrated experience leading high-volume CRM/email strategies and programs and hands-on experience with a major ESP (Responsys or Selligent preferred)
- Sound experience setting up complex, trigger-based programs using marketing automation tools like Salesforce, Marketo, etc. across different channels
- Background in CRM infrastructure and personalization roadmap planning
- Proven collaborator with outstanding verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Mobile-first mindset, acquiring and engaging customers wherever they interact with our brands
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture or other web analytics tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Marketing, or similar field, advanced degree or MBA a plus
- Experience in high-growth retail eCommerce environment
- Experience with mobile marketing, especially push notifications a plus
- Experience developing and implementing loyalty program email/push campaigns
- Knowledge of reporting tools, such as Tableau, Oracle BI, etc.
- Familiarity with SQL, MS Access and/or any programming languages
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents