Continuous Improvement Management Summer Internship
- Location EDGERTON, KS
- Career Area -
- Job Function Internship
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1554575
What you'll do at
2019 – Continuous Improvement Management Summer Internship Program
The Jet.com team strives to provide a world-class selection of goods at the lowest price possible to the customer. The Continuous Improvement Management team ensures we consistently have the right products, in the right place, at the right time to deliver a superior customer experience. From demand planning, vendor management, order management and capacity planning to partnering with retail, warehouse and transportation teams, our expanding omnichannel supply chain anticipates Jet.com customers’ needs. We are not just getting customers what they want today, we’re disrupting the status quo with next generation tools and capabilities that will support the customer’s needs in the future, all while providing everyday low prices.
About the Internship
Continuous Improvement Management Interns play a unique role in driving the improvement activities of the organization within supply chain. The 10-12 week project within the CI team focuses on analytics, optimization, process improvement and training in the Walmart.com supply chain to meet customer service and inventory goals. Our Interns have made a huge impact to the efficiency and effectiveness of our team. Example projects they worked on included:
- Providing end-to-end cost optimization analysis
- Assortment channel strategies
- Planning and executing waste finding missions revealing processes improvements
Your internship experience goes far beyond your assignment! Every day, you will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of professional development offerings ranging from brand knowledge to agile training. Through the intern executive speaker series, tech talks and work-team activities you will be able to gain greater knowledge on the company and the industry. Finally and most importantly, being an intern at Jet.com is fun! Whether you are playing a pickup ping pong game, hanging out at JetFest, or taking an intern-only paid lunch, there is always something going on. With Kansas City as your playground, the opportunities both inside and outside of work are endless. Join us!
*Specific projects will be communicated when you start the internship.
We are looking for passionate, driven interns to join our best-in-class supply chain team and build the future of supply chain. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for tenaciously solving complex problems through data.
- Must be one year prior to graduating undergrad or grad school
- Strong GPA and a commitment to academics
- Familiarity with SQL, Python, and Excel modeling
- Awareness of Lean and Six Sigma concepts
- Startup mentality: scrappy, creative, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class
- A self-starter with a “can do” attitude who can take ownership of projects and drive them to completion with minimal direction
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents