SEO Manager for The Walmart eCommerce Family of Brands
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1553209
What you'll do at
Our marketing team is seeking an experienced SEO pro. You will be an advocate for SEO throughout the organization, working cross functionally to increase overall search visibility and traffic, manage the development of technical SEO implementations, and monitor changes in our page rankings. This role requires someone obsessed with SEO who has deep technical knowledge of industry best practices and is able to make high-impact, data-driven decisions.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, strategic planning, and execution for organic search
- Identify new SEO growth opportunities via content gap analysis, keyword opportunities, competitive audits, site infrastructure / product improvements and ongoing analysis
- Lead technical SEO recommendations and partner with cross-functional teams to ensure delivery
- Ability to navigate Brightedge, Google Analytics, tableau, etc. to identify areas of opportunity
- Drive internal education and training on SEO strategy and execution for a range of stakeholders
- Own the roadmap for on-page and off-page SEO programs
- Create technical guidelines for the developers and designers that maximize search engine potential including latency, URL structure, internal linking guidelines, markup, information architecture, canonicals, etc.
- Develop, track and regularly report on SEO growth and operational metrics
- Act as the thought leader for SEO and educate the company, particularly the product, design and development teams, on the latest trends and best practices
- Continually audit the site, navigation, crawl accessibility, pages, content and internal and inbound links to ensure optimal performance (using SEO software solution)
- Monitor, maintain, and grow quality inbound links, work with the brand and content teams to create SEO friendly content
- Keep up on industry best practices, innovations, and events
- Cross-functional prioritization on the back of data-driven forecasts
- BA in related field required
- 3+ years of experience with a demonstrable ability to improve SEO traffic on a global scale
- Thorough knowledge of search ranking factors and critical updates
- Proficient with core SEO tools, including Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, and ranking tools (i.e. BrightEdge, SEO Clarity, SEMrush)
- Experience with managing content writers, and link builders
- Experience and desire to work with technically focused teams
- Working knowledge of HTML, JS, CSS
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, collaborate, influence and work as a part of a lean team
- Excellent analytical skills to break down and solve complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents