Advanced Analytics Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1542112
What you'll do at
About Walmart US eCommerce
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Want to create distinctive and highly-relevant shopping experiences for millions of shoppers on a daily basis? Walmart is building a new type of customer-centric shopping platform at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology, to deliver the most seamless shopping experience to our customers.
The Cross-Site Strategy and Operations team supports our enterprise e-Commerce business through in-depth analysis of customer behavior and website trends. The team works collaboratively with cross-functional teams including analytics, marketing, retail, ad sales, digital technology and operations to find innovative solutions that achieve business goals.
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can leverage your passion and experience in bringing insights to business partners using data science tools and telling a story through data?
We are looking for a Senior Analyst, Advanced Analytics - Cross-Site eCommerce Performance to support the piecing together of our ‘one-stop-shop’ cross-category merchandising strategy primarily focused on driving business results through development and execution of state-of-the-art analytics to meet evolving business needs. This role will serve as a customer data and site metrics expert who provides cross-functional partners and leadership-level stakeholders with a holistic view of the effectiveness of all traffic-driving marketing activities, mobile & desktop customer experience & conversion outcomes.
As the Senior Analyst, you will provide cutting-edge analytics services by managing data, dashboards and performance analytics for stakeholders, enabling them to make fact-based decisions. This position requires strong digital and direct-to-customer analytics experience to provide actionable, insight driven analysis. You will provide reporting and insights to multiple aspects of the business, fusing behavioral data, business KPIs, customer analytics, and marketing metrics into actionable recommendations for the business teams. You are part of the team that informs the digital strategy and provides the factual basis for future consumer experiences and site development. You will be the analytics thought leader developing new programs and optimizing existing tactics across website, mobile site, apps and stores. You will leverage strong relationships across many functions including but not limited to Analytics, CRM, Finance, IT, Marketing, Buying, Planning, Merchandising, Supply-chain, Product and Engineering teams, Retail Operations and Customer Service.
What You Will Get To Do
- Optimize the Customer Experience: Make recommendations for optimization of the online customer experience by utilizing the full ecosystem of data sources including web analytics, transactional data, offline data, customer comments, industry research and competitive intelligence.
- Customer Journey Analysis: Perform a blend of recurring and ad hoc analyses with an emphasis on optimizing the activities that sit “above” the digital store (i.e., the marketing activities that drive traffic to the mobile & desktop sites), identifying the attributes that lead to the highest conversion across the store, and understanding the health of the customer file and what portion of the next fiscal period’s sales can reliably be expected to come from base vs. incremental activities.
- Competitive Analysis: Perform competitive analyses; gather market/industry research as needed.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with members of cross-functional teams including analytics, marketing, merchandising, creative, operations and IT to provide analytic support for cross-site performance measurement. Guide end-users in identifying key performance indicators for their areas then build appropriate reporting that provides insights into the performance of initiatives and approaches within each area.
- Provide Strategic Insights and Dashboard Analytics: Leverage business knowledge and analytical skills to translate complex results into clear insights and actions for decision-makers. Develop and maintain daily, weekly, monthly dashboards. Standardize KPI reporting and regular performance assessment using all available analytics data including conversion, spend, merchandising performance and channel performance. Provide analysis of customer shopping patterns, site heat mapping, conversion funnel and search. Identify traffic trends, abandon issues, and opportunities for improving site conversion rates. Ensure the accuracy of the reporting data and analytics.
- Measure Campaign Performance: Ensure campaigns are forecasted, executed and reviewed post mortem. Identify trends, risks and opportunities in daily results to influence near-term optimizations and longer-term decisions. Collect and synthesize data from multiple sources to create “post-mortem” reports, identifying key learning’s from marketing events and tests; produce actionable conclusions based on the results of analyses to colleagues.
- Deliver Cutting-edge Analytics: Support the continued enhancement and evolution of our analytics capabilities. Stay abreast of industry trends and drive new analytics initiatives that contribute to cross-site business goals. Must have a strong understanding of tools and data capture methodologies. Synthesize multiple sources of data as well as large data sets.
- Recommend Site Enhancements: Estimate the financial impact of recommendations for prioritization as well as measure actual financial gains after recommendations are implemented.
- Drive Personalization Relevance: Collaborate with Customer Analytics group and Content teams to support personalization goals and content deliverables.
- A/B Test: Test variations on messaging or features. Provide data-driven recommendations to improve customer experience and hypotheses to drive site testing program
- Director, Cross-Site Editorial Content
- Omnichannel & Seasonal Marketing
- Cross-Site Merchandising and Operations
- Homepage/Email team
- Global Site Operations team
- Retail Engine Product UX Team
- Personalization/CRM Team
- Walmart Media Group
- Supply Chain
- Product & Engineering
Who You Are
- Set and Achieve Standards: you are a results oriented, process strong, self-driven professional. Ensure the integrity of the online systems and information through implementation and maintenance of established system management practices, processes and controls
- Collaborative: Piecing together multiple categories, ideologies and business objectives can be challenging. You must be someone who has strong communication and team work skills
- Bleed Numbers: you are highly analytical and enjoy digging into the details (including top and bottom-line sales results, conversion, engagement, etc.) with an understanding of data and engagement metrics and the ability to apply insight to online experiences Strong critical thinking skills with ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets
- Strong Communicator: you have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple disciplines (from marketers to merchants to technical business owners). You are passionate about delivering data-based recommendations for quantifiable improvements in business results and consumer satisfaction. You're comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely. Fluent in English both verbally and written
- Influence: You will be required to engage across various teams and functional areas to drive results. Tenacity for managing and communicating detailed plans, goals and execution strategies and follow-up to ensure flawless execution. Bias to action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it
What We Can Offer
- Opportunity to operate in one of the most dynamic industries in the digital landscape
- Highly engaging, first-hand experience supporting cross-category management of a business at massive scale
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve – you’ll never have a boring day at the office!
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of marketers, designers, engineers and business experts who are focused on getting stuff done
- Opportunity to help drive unprecedented growth
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Marketing, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science OR related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3-4 years of experience working in retail web analytics or related area. Working in Retail ecommerce industry or with multi-channel data strongly desired. Experience in ecommerce finance or planning a plus
- Broad understanding of analytical processes including but not limited to data management, forecasting, optimization, predictive modeling, and visualization.
- Proficiency with a web analytics tool (e.g. Adobe Omniture or Google Analytics).
- High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and data visualization.
- Experience/familiarity with concepts of database design and SQL.
- Natural curiosity with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills. Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization in both oral and written form. You effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others
- Ability to adapt to change and operate in a dynamic organization.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and attention to detail is a must.
- Total attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Active participation in multi-discipline, high performance working teams.
- Strong collaborator, yet able to work independently and manage multiple projects/responsibilities. Must be self-motivated.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in marketing analytics and database marketing.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in supporting personalization strategies for an e-commerce industry.
- Experience overlaying web data over POS sales data, merchandising data, and operations metrics to provide a holistic program for direct to customer growth.
- Experience with database marketing and CRM programs
- Experience in attribution modeling a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager Site tagging implementation a plus.
- 1 or more years’ experience with A/B or multivariate testing tools and technologies
- 1 or more years’ experience with Voice of Customer/Customer Satisfaction/site feedback tools and their integration into web analytics systems
- Web Analytics Certification
- Experience in SAS, SPSS, R or other advanced analytics software package desired.
- Experience or general understanding of predictive analytics.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents