Manager, Category Marketing - E&P (Walmart.com)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1535225
What you'll do at
As a Manager, Category Marketing (Enthusiast and Professional) you will help to develop & drive category-specific marketing plans for some of our key durables categories including Automotive, Tools & Home Improvement. You will have a unique, hybrid role - representing the marketing organization & liaising heavily with many cross-functional partners (Marketing, Analytics, Category experience/Product, Operations & Supply Chain) to create marketing plans for our strategic, high-priority retail categories.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical, creative, & organized growth marketer who will jump in & make an immediate impact.
- Develop category specific, customer-centric, marketing plans with attention to detail; focused on driving awareness, acquisition & retention
- Liaise heavily with media, brand, & retention teams to ensure were meeting business objectives & supporting key marketing strategies, launching on time & within budget
- Leverage internal creative team & agencies to build breakthrough creative to drive category adoption & growth
- Work closely with colleagues in marketing, retail, & product to support overall Walmart.com vision for growth ensure we are supporting & telling a cohesive story through retail marketing efforts
- Obtain deep category knowledge to help drive category growth at scale & influence marketing-adjacent decisions (pricing, merchandising, assortment, curation, packaging, design). Collaborate heavily with retail category teams
- Build, track, & monitor category-specific marketing performance; manage campaigns (leveraging various internal marketing teams & agencies when needed); track to specific forecast & budget
- Grow an understanding of consumer habits for your categories (online & offline) through 1st & 3rd party data & research, to effectively & efficiently acquire & retain customers & grow LTV
- Ideate on & share results cross-functionally, constantly. Act as ambassador for your categories marketing across walmart.com cross-functional teams
- Develop a deep understanding of Walmart's media calendar, on-site & mobile properties, & opportunities, to speak effectively to our internal & external partners to grow the business
- Partner with internal & external leaders (design, merchandising, tech, product management, & senior executives) to deliver on cross-functional marketing campaigns with tight timelines, high visibility, & material impact
- Establish & maintain expert knowledge of the latest innovations & opportunities impacting the marketing landscape & our partners
- 3-5 years in ecommerce and/or acquisition marketing
- Experience working cross-functionally & building plans both top-down & bottoms-up
- Ability to manage E2E digital marketing campaigns (from briefing through measurement) focused on different stages of the acquisition funnel
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, with a high attention to detail
- Sharp creative eye, experience testing & learning messaging & creative
- Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities
- Creative & collaborative team player who can work with multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups, influence decisions, & work under pressure
- Proven ability to work with data to understand & analyze performance, optimize plans, drive decisions, & measure impact to the business
- Knowledge of & interest in ecommerce customer behavior, retail, brand & direct response marketing
- Durables category experience a plus
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents