Advanced Analytics Manager, Retail Analytics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1510215
What you'll do at
As a Manager of Data Science and Analytics at Walmart eCommerce, you'll discover insights that drive operational and product strategy for Walmart customers. You will lead projects end to end and have the opportunity to work with huge, diverse and rapidly growing data sets to understand our customers pain points and optimize their experience.
You will be responsible for providing tactical insights to help define and drive the retail organization’s key KPI’s and initiatives. The ideal candidate will become a thought leader in empowering the business teams with data-driven recommendations for boosting customer overall experience.
You will also participate in developing and articulating strategic solutions to various teams within the retail and engineering organizations across various e-commerce platforms (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoebuy.com), and ultimately help integrate findings into current business work flows. We are looking for someone who has the passion and ability to recognize opportunities to expand the business and deliver it to our retail partners.
Major Responsibilities of This Role Include
Measure / Quantify / Expand
- Retrieve, synthesize, and present critical data in a format that is immediately useful to answering specific questions or improving system performance.
- Analyze historical data to identify trends and support decision making.
- Improve upon existing methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters.
- Provide requirements to develop analytic capabilities, platforms, and pipelines.
- Apply statistical or machine learning knowledge to specific business problems and data.
Explore / Enlighten
- Formalize assumptions about how users are expected to behave, create statistical definition of the outlier, and develop methods to systematically identify these outliers. Work out why such examples are outliers and define if any actions needed.
- Given anecdotes about anomalies or generate automatic scripts to define anomalies, deep dive to explain why they happen, and identify fixes.
- Make Decisions and Recommendations
- Build decision-making models and propose solution for the business problem you defined
- Conduct written and verbal presentation to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Utilize code (Python/R/SQL) for data analyzing and modeling algorithms
- Designs, develops, and presents strategic recommendations that directly address key business questions
- Conducts tracking and measurement of KPIs related to recommendations and socializes to the broader teams
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Math, Engineering, Economics or related field
- Must be self-driven and passionate about retail and must be customer centric. Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- 4-8 years’ experience in business analytics and data science
- Proficient with SQL (experience in Hive and Teradata utilities preferred)
- Proficiency with multiple analytics tools required; Python or R strongly preferred
- Hands on experience with BI tools; Tableau /R shiny/Looker
- Ability to explain/present complicated/advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis skills and problem-solving skills. Sophisticated user of statistical tools.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents