Product Manager, Display & Targeting
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1499008
What you'll do at
What you'll do
This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team that’s poised to have big impact. Anchored by the world’s largest retail audience database, we help brands perfect point-of-purchase advertising, delivering media performance coupled with best-in-class targeting and reporting. We believe all digital advertising at Walmart can address the ever-evolving needs of full-funnel advertising – from shopper marketing to brand advertising, from upper funnel awareness to lower-funnel conversion, across online and offline channels.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who is intellectually curious, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and a self-starter to join our team as a Product Manager for Display Targeting. This role is a highly visible position central to the continued growth, efficiency and success of the Walmart Media Exchange (WMX) Platform as well as the Walmart Media Group / Advertising team.
Walmart Media eXchange (WMX) houses instore and online shopping data from the world’s largest retailer, Walmart. We have amazing and actionable insights that our Supplier Brand partner love and are super excited about, as we activate their campaigns either on Walmart.com or on our managed DSP.
The role will have broad exposure across product, engineering, sales, marketing and finance. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in product management with specific experience around Segmentation, Targeting and Reporting workflows.
This position will report to the Director of Product, WMX Display, within the Walmart Media Group and will be located in our San Bruno, California offices.
What You Will Get To Do:
- Define the future of the Walmart Media eXchange, as well as collaborate on business strategies and partnership opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Walmart Media Group Engineering Team on the development and execution of short and long-term product initiatives.
- Develop clear and actionable prioritized product roadmap items in close collaboration with the Walmart Media Group’s East Coast team driving visibility across all key product initiatives to drive visibility and accountability across the organization.
- Identify, and analyze data sources / new partner opportunities to identify how we can augment our Segmentation and Targeting capabilities.
- Support development of executive level presentations and perspectives.
- Drive strategic initiatives including identifying issues, creating hypotheses, executing the analysis and translating data into meaningful insights and actions.
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improving existing product and engineering operations.
Who You Are:
- Customer-Centric: You are passionate about developing an efficient and impactful advertising centric product organization with a strong focus on the shopper experience.
- Strong SQL, spreadsheet and presentation skills with an exceptional ability to communicate new ideas and findings.
- Self-starter with a startup mentality, looking to gain broad operating experience in helping scale a fast-growing business.
- Intellectually curious with strong analytical and communication skills
- A good balance of analytical and creative thinking ensuring that business objectives are delivered consistently.
- Experience in building customer facing User Interfaces, will be a plus.
- Thrives under pressure, balancing multiple workstreams and priorities.
- Team player who is a self-starter and is able to thrive in fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- 5+ years work experience in building products from concept to GA launch.
- BA/BS degree from a top school.
What We Can Offer You:
- Unique opportunity to accelerate your career by owing the roadmap for the DMP of the world’s largest retailer.
- Exposure to high visibility and strategic projects with potential for big impact.
- First-hand experience to help define the future of omni-channel advertising.
- To develop and generate your professional network.
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office.
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of product managers, engineers and business folks who care most about getting stuff done.
- Opportunity to learn and participate in the growth of a Fortune One startup.
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart Media Group, Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents