Principal Product Manager, Search & Discovery
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1479123
What you'll do at
About the Role
In the capacity of Principal Product Manager for Search & Discovery, the candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
o Design & build world class product search solutions requiring deep understanding of cutting edge technologies like:
o Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing for search ranking & query understanding
o Voice and Image understanding to build Search via Voice and Search via image solutions
o Multi-variate optimization models for Search ranking
o Cutting edge design frameworks for world class omnichannel Search and Browse experiences
o Search Systems architecture (Back End and Front end)
- Evaluate and deliver an end to end ecommerce experience catering to specific shopping missions of our customers
- Complex data analysis on unstructured data from millions of query item interactions, customer engagement and transactional data, store transactional data, catalog data for millions of products and other sources to:
o Determine opportunities and challenges within Search and develop actionable insights
o Model and feature selection analysis for search ranking
o A/B and interleaving tests to determine the impact of features built on business and operational metrics and make go/no-go recommendations
- Human in the loop evaluation techniques to measure search relevance
- Determine the right allocation of resources and prioritization for product design and development; coordinate Engineering teams applying Scrum and Agile Methodologies to ensure timely delivery of new products/features of highest quality
- Formulate product vision and strategy analyzing competitive landscape, market trends, Walmart own capabilities, required investments and revenue potential for different initiatives. Develop a product roadmap, in which high level product vision and strategic guidelines are broken down into separate features and initiatives.
- Perform market and competitive research and provide product roadmap recommendations to fulfill user needs, business needs and how to adapt to the changing competitive landscape. Evaluate specialized reports and commission studies to subject matter experts to identify key players operating in the same market segment as Walmart and how they are positioned in the market.
@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents