Art Director, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1474231
What you'll do at
About Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers
- Responsible for building and shaping our brand identity/design system across display, video, mobile ad environments, and evolving our brand guidelines.
- Work collaboratively to define and solve design problems in systematic ways alongside our agency partners and our internal design teams.
- Has the ability to articulate the thinking behind design concepts to key stakeholders.
- Manage, inspire, and mentor designers in their personal career development.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Ensures consistent application of the online brand and brand voice
- Facilitates improvements in the creative process
- Manages small to mid-sized creative projects from concept to completion under the guidance of management
- Manages the implementation of the design strategy under the guidance of senior creative management
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates. This position is both a hands-on and managerial role that requires a strategic and conceptual thinker combined with the ability to execute. This is a highly impactful role and you will make a difference across the organization, shaping our culture and brand.
- Bachelor s degree in Design, Advertising, Fine Arts, or related field and 2 years experience in creative project management, including graphic design OR 5 years experience in creative project management, including graphic design.
- Strong point of view on creative ideas and ability to promote conceptual thinking among team
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation
- Organized, detail-oriented self-starter that can juggle multiple projects
- Expert knowledge of relevant design tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch)
- 1 year experience managing brand initiatives for product launches.
- 1 year experience managing design teams in a retail creative environment.
- 1 year experience working for or with creative agencies.
- 2 years experience developing design concepts in a retail or marketing environment.
- 2 years experience managing small- to mid-scale interactive campaigns in an online creative or related digital field.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents