Operations Director, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1463918
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking an experienced Operations Director who will be leading Ad Operations, Ad Trafficking, & Media Buying. You will lead a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
As the Director of Operations in the Walmart Media Group, you will be leading digital advertising operations for a high-growth team at Walmart that is building strategic partnerships with the world’s largest brands and suppliers. If you’re maniacal about building ad systems for scale, implementing flawless execution, operational excellence, and developing new solutions in digital marketing and ad-tech, you’ll be a great fit!
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As passionate and committed stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. Anchored by the world’s largest retail database and our leading retail and eCommerce platforms, we help brands perfect point-of-purchase advertising, delivering media performance coupled with best-in-class targeting and reporting. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Growth in our advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall ecosystem.
You will be part of a dynamic team comprised of strategic thinkers and proven executors. You will define and implement our overall operations strategy and contribute to overall business operations and analytics/measurement.
- Own management of internal and external Advertising Operations teams. This leader is a well-rounded expert, possessing both digital media technical know-how as well as process-driven operational leadership skills.
- Your team(s) are the primary customers of our proprietary ad-tech platforms- WMX (a DMP targeting and measurement system for display/video) and WPA (a CPC performance advertising product integrated into our 1P retail-inventory systems and 3P Marketplace).
- Your team(s) are the technical POCs for suppliers, account managers and sales during pre-sales targeting/forecasting and post-sales reporting/up-sell recommendations.
- Ensure flawless execution of ad operations with a maniacal focus on providing the best experience and results that serve both our advertisers/suppliers and shoppers
- Excellent operational understanding of display and performance ad products/models, current targeting models, details of digital and retail-media reporting capabilities, and mobile ad delivery
- Managing outsourced ad trafficking/reporting/billing teams, as well as collaborating with programmatic sales and technology teams
- Develop best-in-class processes for Walmart’s publisher ad delivery and programmatic media buying across app and Web (for our managed-service audience network)
- Provide overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements, evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure annual plan is executed and changes and challenges are addressed
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused, dynamic environment (our team works like a startup backed by Walmart)
- Lead testing of all new ad platform capabilities, including problem definition, solution scoping, test plan develop
- Design and implement processes, systems and best practices for ad operations – drive accountability, operations strategy, operations finance, and KPIs
- Foster a success-oriented, goal-driven and collaborative environment within the organization including enhancing the company’s culture and core values
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents