Marketing Insights Manager, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1463900
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking an experienced Marketing Insights Manager who will focus on capturing consumer, brand, and market trends and data for seller and manufacturer education as part of the pre-sales recommendation and communication. You will be joining a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
What We're Looking for
- Walmart Media Group is searching for an Marketing Insights Manager who will provide report on market trends, consumer insights, and advertiser or brand specific performance and provide meaningful insights for stakeholders & sellers.
- The data will be included in client pitches for Walmart Media Group go-to-market advertising deliverables, focusing on presales recommendations
- We seek someone with a strong entrepreneurial background, who can lead cross-functional teams and own development of new solutions that enable the business to scale.
- As the Leader of the Marketing Insights team, you will turn hard data into actionable insights and compelling stories to inform key business decisions.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams of business leaders, product teams, marketers, and finance managers to solve the most pressing and challenging problems that face our business.
- Design and monitor performance reporting for digital advertising and marketing experience (site/app) projects
- Frame the right questions, write queries and perform ad-hoc analysis to support immediate business data needs
- Create and automate best-in-class reporting and dashboards, while ensuring data integrity
- Provide clear recommendations and next steps for executive leadership consumption based on insights generated
- Bachelors in Economics, Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Management Science or other quantitative fields
- Deepen business understanding of customer experience, marketing, merchandising and site data
- 3-5 year's experience in a quantitative or analytical role – within consulting, marketing or consumer analytics
- Flair for data and business strategy, yet curiosity, humility and willingness to learn and work in teams
- Big picture thinking and ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Basic SQL & experience working on large multidimensional datasets. Omniture experience a plus
- Experience using NPD, IRI, Nielsen, & associated market research data points.
- Design and monitor performance reporting for digital customer experience (site/app) projects as well as ad placements
- Familiarity building automated insights engine for sales, marketing, & external advertisers to digest & apply 1st & 3rd party data.
- Create & build case studies that illustrate the power of WMG data & how it can be utilized.
- Contribute with creating and automating best-in-class reporting and dashboards, while ensuring data integrity
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents