Strategic Project Manager - Marketing Operations
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1451662
What you'll do at
Jet is looking for a Marketing Operations lead/manager who will own the marketing ops division within our larger Digital Operations department. Within this role you will be responsible for creating/optimizing our campaign development process from start to finish (pre-planning to brief creation, to production, to execution), coordinating, and executing project plans across all teams within marketing from brand, retail marketing, retention, media, affiliates, and partnerships. This role will report into the Director of Digital Operations with a specific focus on project mgmt. and process optimization.
As Jet continues to scale rapidly, this individual will play a critical role in optimizing project management, improving process and workflow, and allocate resources for the creative team. Serving as the main point of contact and communication lead, you will be accountable for successful management of assigned projects while making sure all deliverables are on time & within budget with a positive and fierce go getter attitude. This person must be able to communicate clearly, understand complex situations while being able to explain and digest in a simplistic way, understand the business needs, gather project requirements, set timelines, and manage cross functional team expectations.
- Lead and coordinate multiple projects (and process optimization) by providing unified oversight, ensuring transparency to key stakeholders, and driving successful results.
- Prioritize project work and delegate responsibilities to corresponding team members
- Provide operational support / manage operational escalations for marketing ops with cross-functional partners
- Optimize project management, build efficient processes/workflows for creative execution of projects with focus on design, production and retail marketing
- Drive team communication, both within core team and to management / leadership team
- Organize and lead cross functional mtgs to ensure all stakeholders are involved in current discussions and receive clear guidelines on appropriate next steps
- Working with senior management and key stakeholders to understand the related business strategies, objectives and priorities, while ensuring alignment in supporting the current business strategy
- Identifying and managing project inter-dependencies that may not be known or identifiable at the project level, and lead efforts to develop approaches for managing such issues.
- Oversee vendor contract details, budgets, and timelines with the ability to adapt and react to business needs
- Bachelor's Degree and 4-7 years experience in project mgmt.
- Must be assertive, receptive to input, skillful at managing relationships (personable, persuasive)
- Experience in consulting, or start up experience a plus
- Well versed in digital marketing and production requirements around each channel
- Ability to understand and thrive in a fast-paced media environment
- Knowledge of creative processes and content creation with a multidisciplinary approach
- An operational approach for instilling process on top of a busy operation
- Extremely detail oriented, organized, and can quickly diagnose and fix a workflow problem, while also looking for continuous improvement.
- Sincere interest in understanding how things work and how to always make them better
- Communication and relationship-building skills, as this role requires cross-functional collaboration with diverse stakeholders
- Proven ability in establishing successful long-term business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to track progress and measure results
- Ability to set and communicate clear expectations
- Ability to work effectively and achieve results across internal functional areas and external parties in ambiguous situations
- Ability to lead a team / people manager experience
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents