Search Product Analyst
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1417625
What you'll do at
About the Job
The Walmart.com Search team assists in providing the best shopping experience to the Walmart.com consumer. This team is responsible for the performance of Walmart.com’s internal search engine. With millions of new & unique searches per month – and growing – we strive to continuously improve search relevancy and the speed in which we return those results by identifying “bad” searches and improving them via manual intervention and feature development. The Search Product Analyst will continuously monitor inbound search queries, volume, and relevancy to suggest & implement tactics we can leverage to improve these “bad” queries.
- Track and analyze search quality bugs.
- Identify and create query/index override rules as needed.
- Manage lists of synonyms, stop words, and stem exclusions.
- Understand and troubleshoot basic technical issues with search results.
- Monitor and improve search quality across Walmart.com platforms.
- Ensure accurate search results show up for highly searched keywords.
- Analyze data and website content to reduce number of searches with no relevant results.
- Make ongoing recommendations to resolve issues in product content, search ranking, node pinpointing, product classification & normalization, and taxonomy.
- Collaborate with technical teams to implement new search and catalog features and correct any defects that are discovered.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses as required.
About the Ideal Candidate
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with R or Python not required but a plus.
- Experience with and knowledge of Search Platform (like Elasticsearch or Apache Solr) and Natural Language Processing is not required but is a big plus.
- Bachelor degree or higher.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents