Manager, Sales Finance and Operations - Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1416447
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and ability to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking experienced sales professionals to help build and sell Walmart Media Group’s advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion driven and brand building solutions. You’ll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
The mission of the Sales Finance & Operations team is to maximize business performance by being the objective, trusted partner to the sales organization through strategic planning and analytics, cross-functional collaboration and operational excellence. This team also identifies and drives critical projects and strategic initiatives to support revenue growth.
The ideal candidate for the Manager, Sales Finance & Operations will be intellectually curious, analytically adept, interested in implementing processes, financially savvy, a fast learner, comfortable with ambiguity and working independently, able to focus on the details while thinking strategically, while remaining focused on high impact projects. This role will report directly to the Head of Business Planning & Operations.
- Sales Operations & Pipeline:
- Develop and oversee sales operations workflow and process for WMG
- Drive process and repository for Global Accounts & SMB sales goals
- Introduce and manage against best practices for forecasting, optimization, delivery, reporting and analytics
- Develop a deep understanding of sales data and business graph and act as a POC to central data teams at WMG. Scope needs and enable distribution of business trend reports that cross-functional leadership teams have access to and review on a regular basis
- Responsible for maintenance of Salesforce reports and dashboards to keep pace with company's business growth
- Develop and define key metrics and reporting systems, and facilitate weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reviews and performance analysis to gauge execution and adjust sales strategy
- Sales Collaboration/Enablement: Act as primary liaison with marketing, product and ad ops teams, meeting regularly to understand business trends, share key initiatives, and give/receive feedback.
- Understand Sales process end to end to create GTM playbook & strategy, cheat-sheet, case study to maximize revenue potential
- In-depth understanding of our product offering to provide sales recommendation and liaison with analytics team to recommend area of revenue improvement;
- Sales Training:
- Evaluate training needs of the sales organization
- Develop an annual training plan and roadmap including delivery method and timelines
- Design and deliver training with an emphasis on new business applications, technologies, processes, and/or organizational changes
- Escalate issues to program delivery team when additional support is needed
- Capture business needs and communicate them effectively to guide product development
- BA/BS in an analytical field
- 10+ years of work experience in Sales Finance, Sales Analytics, Business or Sales Operations
- Demonstrated problem solving experience with experience providing business insights and recommendations from data sets
- A well-organized and disciplined approach, able to prioritize managing multiple ad hoc tasks whilst managing the monthly reporting close and project work
- Superior organizational, project/time management skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proven stakeholder management experience including managing multiple partners simultaneously
- Assertive, entrepreneurial orientation: capable of setting and maintaining priorities
- Ability to facilitate alignment of cross-functional objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Tableau
- Experience with SQL
- MBA from top tier school with strong academic record preferred
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents